Light-O-Rama Forums

Issue playing all channels in sequence

Lisn2me

Pretty new here but I am stuck on something that doesn't make sense to me. ..I have a preview build with basic props (windows, trim lines and columns)  using 16 channels of one Pixie16 controller using RGB light strings, but when I play the sequence channels 1 through 9 will play then Channel 10 will play on the Channel 16 string but nothing will play on channels strings 10 through 15.. I thought I had build the preview wrong so I made another one and it does the same thing.  Not really sure what I am doing wrong here. 

You likely did not realize that the 16 strings (and therefore Unit IDs) of your Pixie 16 count in Hex, not Decimal.  So if your first string is 01, the remaining strings are: 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 0A, 0B, 0C, 0D, 0E, 0F, & 10.  Now do you see what you thought was the 10th string showed up in the 16th string and 10-15 were blank?

BTW, suggest getting out of the habit of calling an output from the Pixie as a “Channel”.  It’s actually lots of channels (maybe hundreds).

Thank you! I that did it.. I really need to wrap my head around this Hex system.. I am so used to running Channels with Firework displays so I default to that thinking.. So what is the common vernacular for the outputs on the Pixie?  

7 minutes ago, Lisn2me said:

Thank you! I that did it.. I really need to wrap my head around this Hex system.. I am so used to running Channels with Firework displays so I default to that thinking.. So what is the common vernacular for the outputs on the Pixie?  

I use 'port' for the connector/output.  Pixie8 has 8 Ports (and ID's consumed)