Light-O-Rama Forums

lightorama wont open

JEFFREYM

Jeffrey, How many channels are you running. We should be able to cobble together enough sequences so that you can still run the show this year. There are enough users here that can provide sequences to match your setup and all you would need to do is move their channels to the right spot on your channels.

Brian

That was the ticket. Anyone with install error 1706 download the Microsoft Windows Installer Cleanup Utility.

http://download.microsoft.com/download/e/9/d/e9d80355-7ab4-45b8-80e8-983a48d5e1bd/msicuu2.exe

When you download the Installer Cleanup Utility you have to turn your Windows installer back on (remember I had turned mine off as a temporary fix) before you can install it on your system. Basically it opens a popup window that shows all the programs currently registered with the installer. Right at the top was LOR. I highlighted the LOR line, clicked Remove, then tested the program. No more popups and I didn't have to trash my system again by playing with the registry, sort of a double bonus if you will.

One odd thing is that the Utility is also on the list. You can cleanup the cleanup utility, if you want to tear the fabric of time.....

Brian

• 10 months later...

All you have to do is open the downloaded file, and UNISTALL LOR.. Then after it is all gone, re-download it. Then run it like you just got it brand new.. Worked for me and cleared the error and now im running 2.3.8 advancded

Your right, BUT there have been quite a few people having trouble with the new 2.3.4, 2.3.6. and 2.3.8 On the planet christmas forum, so I went ahead and posted it here too, so if anyone was searching about the 1706 error that the new download is giving, they would have the info

That idea still does not work for me......I tried a few times. I want to install the latest software unto my show computer Windows XP. I use my Vista computer to do my sequencing on.

Funny how1.6.9 works but not 2.3.8 on my XP......works good on my Vista.