Light-O-Rama Forums

Wiring LOR Dumb Ribbon to CMB24D Controller Dangles

Wilsanco

I have a CMB24D controller and power supply mounted and wired in the enclosure, purchased from LOR.

I am trying to add dumb ribbon, from LOR, to match up to the dangles on my CMB24D.

The CMB24D has larger black 4 pin wire while the connection on the dumb ribbon is much smaller 4 pin wire.

I am using an extension wire which will screw unto the black dangle and am trying to match the wire from the black extension to the female dumb ribbon, but am having problems with making it work??

I first tried red to red, green to green. blue to blue and black to clear,..but that did not produce anything when i tried it in HU??

Does anyone know how to wire this up?

Any help would be appreciated.

David 

Did you actually purchase the controller assembled with box and cords attached, lights and extensions from LOR or did you purchase some parts from some other place? The reason I ask is because all LOR products use the same size connectors but if you purchased the lights or extensions from some other place then the connectors would be different sizes and not screw together. As an example, HolidayCoro plugs will not screw into LOR plugs as they are different sizes so we must know exactly where everything came from to include the extensions.

Edited by Mr. P

As Mr P alluded : There is no NEMA for the lighting industry. the connector size and body thread vary throughout. Back in the 1950's power plugs were this way. No wide pin for Neutral. Crow foot instead of U-ground.

Be sure to GUARD those data sheets that come with purchases (and mark items so you know which sheet to use)m Because, yo might even need the Wire colors (one set of cables use Yellow for the BLUR LED's. I used Quad speaker wire to build some of my own...Even a wilder set of colors from Bk,R,G,B

💡 I double lugged a few ports on my 4 CMB24's so I can attach LOR 10W floods to any location (The rest are HC 4 core.  Pick YOUR standard and always use the same PINOUT or risk lots of magic smoke)

The controller was part of a plug i show package with eight 10w floods which I had bought from LOR..

I was using the controller to control some dumb pixel strips which I bought from LOR a few years back,

The extension I am using was  for the 10w floods as I had bought lots of extension for the rest of my floods that are being used on my 17 maple trees.

The LOR Dumb strips have a clear pigtail with 4 wire inside, I was hoping to join the extensions, which fit the pigtails from the plug and show controller,  to that wire using the supplied female/male that was with the strip purchase..

David

5 minutes ago, Wilsanco said:

The controller was part of a plug i show package with eight 10w floods which I had bought from LOR..

I was using the controller to control some dumb pixel strips which I bought from LOR a few years back,

The extension I am using was  for the 10w floods as I had bought lots of extension for the rest of my floods that are being used on my 17 maple trees.

The LOR Dumb strips have a clear pigtail with 4 wire inside, I was hoping to join the extensions, which fit the pigtails from the plug and show controller,  to that wire using the supplied female/male that was with the strip purchase..

David

That is what I bought extra LOR extensions for. Cut the threaded end off ( I cut 1*" from the end, and that became a extra pigtail for another controller)  the. the wires  are R,G,B and Bk.  (do verify your cable colors).

If you strippshave ends, your choice is cut it OFF and direct attach the wires OR cut the far end off, and splice that to the LOR cable (makes it into an adapter)

• 3 weeks later...

I have a CMB24D controller and 12vdc power supply mounted and wired in an enclosure. I used this year for dumb rgb ribbon strips.

Next year I am planning to replace the dumb rgb ribbon strips with LOR 10W floods.

I can find no documentation on the LOR website as to how these floods wire to CMB24D.

Is it simply just 4 wires from flood to the controller?

The description of the 10W floods state comes with 16' power cord and 18" dangle. Not sure what this means.

Thanks

42 minutes ago, Vince4xmas said:

Is it simply just 4 wires from flood to the controller?

That's it.  Same as dumb ribbons.