Light-O-Rama Forums

5th controller doesn’t work

HLE

Thank you guys again!!!  Yeah I had some issues with my pixel tree that was because they upgraded the software and made some bugs for 4 users. But that’s all worked out and we are hoping for a great season. Hope your lights shine bright this season!!!

I read above that some of the 2nd gen controllers won't work with the third.  Is that an upgrade that just happened.  I am now running S5 and my networks are not working.  correct.  I have 10 - 16 channel controllers but the HU only recognizes the first one and it is a  CTB16D Ver 4.01,  the next one in line was a CTB16PC V1 that could not maintain a good network connection so i change it with a controller that is only a year old (it has a green network light).  This has an intermittent network connection.  and and the third controller now has not network connection.  Any clues  Maybe firmware upgrades?  Any help is appreciated.  I also have a 16 channel mini pixel tree that is not registering.   

1 hour ago, Frank Bolton said:

I read above that some of the 2nd gen controllers won't work with the third.  Is that an upgrade that just happened.  I am now running S5 and my networks are not working.  correct.  I have 10 - 16 channel controllers but the HU only recognizes the first one and it is a  CTB16D Ver 4.01,  the next one in line was a CTB16PC V1 that could not maintain a good network connection so i change it with a controller that is only a year old (it has a green network light).  This has an intermittent network connection.  and and the third controller now has not network connection.  Any clues  Maybe firmware upgrades?  Any help is appreciated.  I also have a 16 channel mini pixel tree that is not registering.   

Gen3's support speeds and Enhanced mode that earlier ones don't.  The only limit is you need to only use Gen 2 speed and NO enhanced.

Now if you also have Pixies, they want fast speeds, so you need to get the Gen2 OFF that network, onto one that can run slow.

3 hours ago, Frank Bolton said:

It’s been that way. Gen 3’s do not play well with earlier versions.

However I have read here that there is an update in S5 that will allow them to comm with each other.

I cannot conform that though so take it for what it’s worth.

JR

Thanks guys, i do have all of my 16 channel controllers on separate networks from the Pixie and CCR controllers.  I am going to go back and swap the first box and see if that solves the problem.