Light-O-Rama Forums

Importing Channel Layout

ShawnT

I have my channel layout complete and exported it. When I create a new sequence and import my channels, is there a way to also import the timing of the channels?

I want all my channels set to .05 timing.

Shawn,

Go to "Edit -> Preferences -> New Musical Preferences" and edit the pop-up box there. Change the "How much time should be in between the timings" portion to your desired .05 seconds, then save.

Next time you create a musical sequence, the timings will be put in there for you.

Then, import your channel configuration into the sequence and you are ready to go.

*Note: If you want your animation sequences to be at .05 as well, you'll need to edit "New Animation Preferences" as well.

Don

I followed your instructions and it does work for setting the timing for the initial channels.

It does not set the timing to my imported channel layout. When they are imported, there are set to one timing only - complete song (however long the song is)

What am I not doing correctly? There has to be a way to save your timing when you export your channel layout.

ShawnT wrote:

It does not set the timing to my imported channel layout. When they are imported, there are set to one timing only - complete song (however long the song is)

So, if your initial default is 8 Channels, and you import 32; in your case the final 24 are not having the .05 grid applied?

That is odd, because I tried the same thing, and the timings applied to my other channels.

(Or, I don't understand what your asking?)

When I start a new musical sequence it creates 8 channels with a time setting of .05 seconds.

I then import my channel layout. Those 128 channels get imported with the track designation that I set.

Each of the 128 channels that are imported do no import with a time setting.

ShawnT wrote:

I then import my channel layout. Those 128 channels get imported with the track designation that I set.

Okay ... Tracks. That changes things a bit.

Create new sequence. If you've kept the settings from this thread, then you already have the .05 timings.

Import your channels. I'm assuming now, that you have more than one track. The new tracks will not have the timings with them.

From the first track do a "Select All" then "Copy Timings."

Then do a "Paste Timings" on the new tracks.

Remember, LOR does not export the timings, so when the new tracks are created by the import process, they have no timing information.

You can also do this.

Create the new sequence as mentioned before.
Then use the "Duplicate Tracks" option (be sure to duplicate the timings) to create the number of tracks that you have in your channel configuration.

When you import the channels, your other tracks will have the timing information in them.