Light-O-Rama Forums

JeffMac

JEFFMAC0176

This is my 4th year at TMT Farms Christmas Lights and have added songs and displays to our LOR 3 controller setup without any difficulty. It is ran with a Showtime Director. 

This year I am having intermittent timing issues with some some and sequences. They work fine on my laptop but not on the director.

Any suggestions??

Thanks Jeff

9 minutes ago, JEFFMAC0176 said:

This is my 4th year at TMT Farms Christmas Lights and have added songs and displays to our LOR 3 controller setup without any difficulty. It is ran with a Showtime Director. 

This year I am having intermittent timing issues with some some and sequences. They work fine on my laptop but not on the director.

Any suggestions??

Thanks Jeff

Try running the MP3 through Audacity and change bit rate to fixed at 128kbps with the speed set at fast. When I do this I always add audacity to the MP3 title so they don't get mixed up and used. Any MP3 going on my sequencing and show laptops get audacity as soon as imported (show computer never gets any non converted song)

That may help you.

JR

Edited by dibblejr

Don't know about the Gen 3 Director, but I always used 192K bit rate on all my MP3's when I used the original LOR DC-MP3 Director unit.  Never had timing issues or anything else with them.  I just couldn't handle the 128K bit rate, always sounded a bit tinny and sometimes scratchy too me.  So I started using 192K just to see if it'd work, worked great for me, however YMMV.

Edited by Orville