Light-O-Rama Forums

Copy and Paste error

claverd

I'm having an issue when I paste from a purchased LOR Sequence into a new sequence. It errors out and will not let me save or save as?

I've never had this issue....any help would be wonderful.,

I've only had that problem recently, but it's due to the computers memory buffer gets full, and for some reason the system doesn't clear it.  I have had to restart my computer a few times because of buffer full or buffer overrun errors when doing a lot of copy and pasting from one or more sequences into another.

I don't get any error message, just the SE usually locks up and the message I get is "Program not responding", usually have to reboot and  lose work I had just completed when that happens doing copying and pasting.

One of the most recent errors I got and had never gotten before was creating a new sequence and I got an Audio error, not sure of the exact wording, but stated something like this "The WAV Canonical file could not be loaded", even tried reinserting the MP3 with the Media File {internal is OFF}, and still got the error, again, had to reboot to clear this issue and then I could create the new sequence with the same exact MP3 file I was getting the original error on.  Tried other MP3's and got same results until I rebooted the system.  Windows 7 Home Edition, 2GB Ram, Intel dual core processor, 1 TB HD, 320GB HD {split into 3 drives}.    Had never seen or gotten this issue in all my years of sequencing music in the SE.

Any ideas on what causes the media canonical file error DevMike?   It didn't give me any error numbers anywhere, I looked at the Comm Listener window because that sometimes will show an error number in the software you were last using, but showed nothing on this error.

• The topic was locked