Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixie16 Help with mega Tree Lag

ace22

I purchased a Pixie16 and i built a 16 channel Mega tree with 50 Pixels per strand. I noticed in the Hardware utility that when testing just on the test page. That when i choose all 16 channels and go from solid to shimmer to twinkle there is a massive lag. when i do only one channel, its transfers without issue. I didn't think much of it till i purchased a pre programmed sequence and the pixels appear to always be in catchup mode. they are always a beat behind and when they start to do a pattern, they rush through it to start the next one. Is there anything i am doing wrong. I even when and purchased the 458HS thinking it was not sending data quick enough. I have tested on two computers and still i have this issue. 

Do not rely on the HU to tell you anything except your lights work and color order.

Do a search for Pixie16 help. I did a little response with a complete step by step.

you are seeing lag probably because it is looking for 100 pixels vs 50.

set that up in HU following my write up.

I am at karate comp today so can’t type more

yoir setup is probable wrong

500k enhanced is what your network setting should be

JR

Edited by dibblejr

7 hours ago, dibblejr said:

Do not rely on the HU to tell you anything except your lights work and color order.

Do a search for Pixie16 help. I did a little response with a complete step by step.

you are seeing lag probably because it is looking for 100 pixels vs 50.

set that up in HU following my write up.

I am at karate comp today so can’t type more

yoir setup is probable wrong

500k enhanced is what your network setting should be

JR

Thank you so much Dibblejr, I had everything setup correctly except changing the network speed. Once i did that the lag disappeared whiling playing in the sequence editor.

Thanks Again for your help.

1 hour ago, ace22 said:

Thank you so much Dibblejr, I had everything setup correctly except changing the network speed. Once i did that the lag disappeared whiling playing in the sequence editor.

Thanks Again for your help.

Glad I could help you with such a short reply.

Any time just ask.

JR