Light-O-Rama Forums

3 colors on same tree in amimator?

jhendric

Just beginning to play with LOR2 and I have a question. I have several mini trees that will be red, blue and green. When putting the trees in the animation it will only play back the last color I put in. Example, I draw a tree in red, then I draw over it in blue and then green. Playback will only show green. I can draw a different tree for each color and it works fine but this doesn't represent what I will have in my lawn. I seems that each "box", when I have draw selected, can only be assigned one color.

How do you create a tree and have the same tree change to different colors in the animator?

put each color in It's own box. I use one box at a time when doing a bush or tree in more than one color. so my tree or bush would be drawn in how ever many colors used.[glow=red]R[/glow][glow=green]G[/glow][glow=blue]B[/glow]

I have the same situation. What I do is draw a little tree in one color (channel 1) then draw just inside that line with the second color (channel 2), etc.

Or to be more realistic, could draw the outline of the tree in a 'fake' color (unused channel), then fill it in 1/3 with color 1 pixels, then fill in the second 1/3 with color 2 pixels, then fill in the rest with color 3 pixels, then erase the unused channel pixels.

What I did for my two color trees was to draw the basic tree shape alternating the pixels. If the bottom row of the tree was 8 pixels wide, I did 4 for one channel and 4 for the other.