Light-O-Rama Forums

S5 Media File Edit

dibblejr

For anyone familiar with S4 & S5

In S4 if you need to edit the media file you can do so in the Edit/ Media File menu

Is there anything similar in S5.

I am assisting a young man who is telling me there is not an option to do this in S5. He is a new user.

It appears by the error message the Control Panel is generating "error playing show cannot locate windows media player...." or something to that effect. That his media files have became separated from the sequence. 4 out of 6 sequences in his show are getting this error.

There is another difference between the 2 functional and the other 4 as well. The channel buttons. The same unit / channels but he didn't put the names of the channels on the buttons for the 4. I don't think that should matter. In S4 I could call/ name a channel something completely difference and the show still goes on.

I am just wondering if there is an edit media file selection somewhere.

TIA

JR

Thanks Jim. I figured there was. Im prob going to install S5 on my old desktop that way I can verify some of the stuff the user tells me.

JR

edit- if he created a show with it he will have to create a new show just as we do correct? That means delete the old show file (better safe than sorry) and create a new.

Edited by dibblejr

I'm not sure I understand the question.  Changing the media file on a sequence would not require rebuilding the show (unless you changed the name of the sequence).

7 hours ago, k6ccc said:

I'm not sure I understand the question.  Changing the media file on a sequence would not require rebuilding the show (unless you changed the name of the sequence).

Maybe it’s just my computer but if I was to export as compressed to go into show editor I found if I change the media file or anything after that I must recreate the sequence by re exporting as compressed.

Otherwise the previously created show would still hang while looking for the old data. 

Remember I not a computer guy but due to my latest problems that’s what I do.

JR

That part is correct.  Re-compressing or in the case of S5, Create play files.  Should not have to recreate the show...