Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixels turning white half way through display

Wygantmb

I’m trying to get my show running. I’m using a Pixie 16 (4 of them really) all pixels nodes. I keep having issues with a few strings that will turn white during a song and very rarely go back to following commands. Most times I have to unplug and then replug the controller to get them to act right again. I had this issue with pixel strips so I changed everything to nodes. I’ve changed the wiring from the controller to the sting and even swapped out the controller. Power supply is all that is left unless it’s something in my programming that messes it up. Has anyone else had this issue before. All other light strings are work fine on the controller. It’s only 4 affected by this. Please help. 

Are you using the red HS USB RS485 adapter?  And have you set the speed to 1,000K{I think the Pixie 16 can use this speed} and Enhanced?    I had similar issues with another type controller that would do similar issues but at the time I didn't have a High Speed Adapter {RED USB RS485} and was having my RGB lights on some controllers and channels not following commands, lagging, not changing color as programed in the SE.  I know the Pixie 16 I think can use the 1,000K speed, if not, at least the minimum would be 500K speed for it and Enhanced.

Can't say this may be your issue, but it sounds similar to an issue I had a little while back.   Could be something else entirely.

Hopefully someone with one of those units will be able to give further and better info on how to resolve.

All of my strings are 12v s and less then 100 nodes per run. I’m running 500k speed enhanced. I’m using the G3 MP3 Director with built in clock. It does it while using the the Stand alone and while plugged into my laptop. 

Using either a sequence or the Hardware Utility, turn every light to full white.  Then measure the voltage at the far end of the strings.

I’ve been watch this most of the night. It seem to be linked to the beginning of The song Thriller. Something in the beginning of that song messes it up and it doesn’t recover. Time to rewrite it a little different and see if it comes back. 

2 hours ago, Wygantmb said:

I’ve been watch this most of the night. It seem to be linked to the beginning of The song Thriller. Something in the beginning of that song messes it up and it doesn’t recover. Time to rewrite it a little different and see if it comes back. 

I think you are correct, there is something amiss in the sequence somewhere that is causing this. With all the channels RGB uses, sometimes it's easy to miss a mistake you make in there.   I know, I've done it too! :)   Probably had to fix at least 8 sequences before I realised I didn't copy and paste things the way I thought I did.   And sometimes it's difficult to track down too!

Good luck on finding it and getting it corrected!

• Like 1