Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixie2D Unit ID stays at #01

mcnamara9

I just bought a couple of Pixie2D with 100 bulbs for each port for the first time.  I used the HU to reassign the Unit ID like I have done several times in the past for my other controllers.  I changed it to unit 14 successfully (1st pic below) and clicked refresh and it found the unit with ID #14 (2nd pic below).  However, after I unplug it from the HU, it loses the assignment and resets back to 01 (3rd pic below).  I read through the documentation and have searched the boards, but haven't found a solution.  Can anyone help? 

I noticed a small black jumper (I think) comes with the Pixie2D.  Am I supposed to do something with that and does that have something to do with why the controller won't maintain its assigned ID?

Thanks in advance!

Brian

749862371_Changeto14.JPG.c1c49851eda825309d3788229f516830.JPG1439281877_Recognizes14.JPG.795c6a46efc387ac4ae5ad29562bc7f2.JPG1817304790_BacktoID01.JPG.da330e2f96c74f33ca507e1c53702a93.JPG

Edited by mcnamara9
Clearer title

Inside the Pixie2 enclosure on the controller board there is a set of dip switches, you need to turn them all off. These dip switches set the Unit ID and that is why the unit converts when powered off/on. Once you turn them off the unit will keep its ID that you give it.

Thank you Mr. P. for the quick reply.  Which dip switches are you referring to?  I'm assuming the yellow box below.  

I apologize for the poor picture quality, but it looks like unit came with one switch in the yellow box on top moved to the right side, then 3 switches along the left side, and one row is empty.  What is the proper confiuration to "turn them all off"?  Do I need to add the extra dip switch that came in a little baggy to the bottom row and if so, along the right side or the left? 

Thank you so much for your help.

DipSwichCloseBoxes.thumb.JPG.e4ddfb186d79885ed6feee2b02d5a606.JPG

In your pic the dip switches are to the left of the orange box, they are labeled "ID/ADDR".

You can see that # 8 is on.

Edited by Mr. P
  • Like 1

nope,  In your photo above, the ID/ADDR is set to unit id 01 (see dip switch no. 8)  if that dip switch is not set to off, then the unit id will default to one 01. 

I remove the jumper on JP5 to fully control the board from the HU.  go into the advanced tab under CONFIG to set the details for your board, like BRG to RGB.

HaHAHa!  My wife call me a "dip" all the time and now I know why. ?

I see it now. So #8 should be moved down to align with 1-7, correct?

1 minute ago, mcnamara9 said:

HaHAHa!  My wife call me a "dip" all the time and now I know why. ?

I see it now. So #8 should be moved down to align with 1-7, correct?

Yes, move it down then you can set the ID without it changing.

3 minutes ago, Crimson Lane Lights Etown said:

I learned from Mr. P also,  as you can see! 

I thought I was double posting  ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm hoping by my detailed posting and pics that I can save Mr. P of any further posts on the subject as I'm sure others will have the same question.  By the way, did I mention earlier that "I was just asking for a friend?"  ?

Have a great day.

Brian

• Like 1

First post (but I've been reading for days and at least figured out the DIP switch problem!) and new to the Pixie2 but started last year with 32 Channel starter package. I can't seem to get the second ribbon working (at least the way I THINK it should) and want to make sure I have the hardware configured correctly.

I remove the jumper on JP5 to fully control the board from the HU.  go into the advanced tab under CONFIG to set the details for your board, like BRG to RGB.

Just so I understand, by JP5,  you mean the one in the ORANGE box?

BTW...I updated to all latest software and have Advanced license, if that helps any

Just wanted to report back to the group that I got them up and working thanks to your advice about the dip switch.  Thanks!

Brian

• The topic was locked