Light-O-Rama Forums

Looking for recommendations for 8-bit animations for pixel matrix

toozie21

I have a horizontal matrix that I usually only use to count down to Christmas.  This year I thought it might be fun to put some animation on it for Halloween.  I don't do a show with sound, so I am not concerned with particular songs, just looking for some neat Halloween 8-bit animations that I could throw on there occasionally to spice things up some.

TIA!!!!

56 minutes ago, toozie21 said:

I have a horizontal matrix that I usually only use to count down to Christmas.  This year I thought it might be fun to put some animation on it for Halloween.  I don't do a show with sound, so I am not concerned with particular songs, just looking for some neat Halloween 8-bit animations that I could throw on there occasionally to spice things up some.

TIA!!!!

Me too

1 hour ago, toozie21 said:

TIA!!!!

Your best bet is to google the term "mini gif" with whatever you are looking for "Skeleton mini gif's". You want the raw picture to be as small as you can get it in order to have good resolution on a small or even large matrix. Taking a "for example" 700X700 gif and converting it to 32 X 32 just doesn't work.

Another note, if you use SS, just because it looks good in SS doesn't mean it will look good on the matrix. You have to try on the prop to see. 

I just built a small tune to sign and have been playing around converting my 24X50 matrix sequences and haven't found one yet that looks as well on the prop as it does in SS. However it is probably because SS only lets you set the number of strings but not the number of physical lights and spacing.

JR

3 hours ago, toozie21 said:

TIA!!!!

Try here and see if any of these may help you out.  They're a bunch of Halloween themed graphics I've collected over time.  All sizes, all types related to Halloween, 100's of them.  Animated and NON-Animated.

Hopefully something here will work;

Download anything you need or want from here:

Halloween Graphics in GIF format

If you click on the graphic you can view it, then use your browser back button to get back to the list.

NOTE: Some could be repeats, hard to keep track of so many graphics. LOL   Browse and Download at your convenience.

P.S. These are available to anyone looking for Halloween themed graphics.

Edited by Orville

Nice collection there Orville!  Very nice of you to share them with folks too.

Great to be on a forum with folks like you.

19 minutes ago, beeiilll said:

Nice collection there Orville!  Very nice of you to share them with folks too.

Great to be on a forum with folks like you.

Been collecting and creating these things for years.  And when I find new stuff I don't have, I add it to the collection.  just about everything in my collection can be found on an assortment of sites on the internet.  

But I KNOW what a pain that is to go searching through 40-50+ sites trying to find something, so I just put 'em all in one place for easier finding, albeit some of their names may be off, not my idea, that's just how they got named when saved from sites all over the place. 

I tried naming them to represent what they are, but sometimes a few here and there slipped through the cracks. :rolleyes:?:D

My original intent was to categorize them into each type of graphic, but once I got into this hobby, who has the time, right? ROFL  Perhaps one day I'll get it done, but I ain't counting on it. LOL

Edited by Orville

1 hour ago, Orville said:

Been collecting and creating these things for years.  And when I find new stuff I don't have, I add it to the collection.  just about everything in my collection can be found on an assortment of sites on the internet.  

But I KNOW what a pain that is to go searching through 40-50+ sites trying to find something, so I just put 'em all in one place for easier finding, albeit some of their names may be off, not my idea, that's just how they got named when saved from sites all over the place. 

I tried naming them to represent what they are, but sometimes a few here and there slipped through the cracks. :rolleyes:?:D

My original intent was to categorize them into each type of graphic, but once I got into this hobby, who has the time, right? ROFL  Perhaps one day I'll get it done, but I ain't counting on it. LOL

Amazing collection, thank you for the share! I'll have to sit down with the kids and sort through which ones they like ?.

3 hours ago, craftylag said:

WOW  Thanks         Do you have one for Christmas?

I'm working on getting that together.   Church today, so won't get much time to sort the Christmas ones out today, but yes, have just as large, if not larger for Christmas! LOL

Wasn't sure I'd have time today {as of this posting} to get any Christmas Graphics on-line, but I did.

So here's some Christmas ones to get you started.  As I find more I'll add them to the collection.  May be quite a few repeats in the Christmas {Static} GIF list, and I thought I had more animated ones than I found thus far.   Going to have to hunt them down, I know I've got a LOT more than what is currently in the animated area, just got to find where I put them. LOL

Here's the link for Christmas Graphics:

Christmas GIF Files

Download what you want or need.  

Some of the Christmas Tree, Gift and possibly Pet Photographs are actual Christmas Trees or Christmas related things I took from personal Family Videos or Still Photo's I took and converted to GIF format.  So some of those Christmas Trees were in my parents, grandparents, uncle and aunts or taken in our own house, apartment or where we currently reside.

Most of these were also found at assorted Internet sites through the years, some of the animated ones I created from static images.

Hopefully more to come when I can find them.

Enjoy.

• The topic was locked