Light-O-Rama Forums

Media File Path

bmichael

I have 3 computers that I usually build or run my sequences on. Of course, my directory structure on each is different, which becomes a pain when I transfer sequences from one PC to another. I ALWAYS have to go in a reset the path to the media file because of the way LOR saves the path.

Is there a way to have LOR save the path as in the example below:

sequences/music

Instead of:

C:/Documents and Settings/admin/LOR/sequences/music

That way, you could copy a directory structure from one PC to another without having to go into every sequence and resetting the media path if the overall path and basic directory structure is different (which can take awhile if you have boatloads of sequences).

Does LOR save it this way for a reason? If not, I would love to see an option in the next LOR update that allows you to choose how you want to reference the path to your media files. If there is a way to do this already in S2, can someone direct me?

Thanks for listening!

I have LORII installed in a fairly standard way. My sequence file starts like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?>

My MP3 file is in the "Audio" folder, which is the folder I configured into LOR after it was first installed.

I believe your music filename contains the full path because your media file is not in the standard folder.

I have no trouble copying the MP3 and LMS files from one computer to another (where the paths are different).

Steven wrote:

I believe your music filename contains the full path because your media file is not in the standard folder.

You’re right. I used to save my music files in a subdirectory of the Sequences directory and the musicFilename contained the full path.

I recently moved my music files to the Audio folder. Now musicFilename is just the file name. I hadn’t noticed that. Thanks for pointing it out.

That worked. I went back in and ran LORpost.exe and reset the sequence folders and then did the same on my other machines insuring the basic folder was the same on all machines. Now, only the mp3 file name is saved (without a path) and I can open it from even a flash drive and do not have to go in and edit the media file.

Thanks.