Light-O-Rama Forums

How to print the channel configuration

BradW22

So I always print out and laminate the channel configuration from LOR so that I can make sure everything is connected just right. My display is mostly LED AC Lights with some Dumb RGB. I upgraded to S5 with the idea to learn it this year and upgrade to pixels next. 

I normally just make a table chart in open office software, then print out the sheet with the controllers and what each circuit connects to. Not sure if there is a way to print it out from a software. But in OpenOffice which is a free software download you can build tables and add rows to it and make what I call a planogram or a cheat sheet.

2ltpkih.png

Edited by GriswoldStyle

Open your preview in Preview Design. Open the "String Summary" tab. Click the Copy icon. Now you can paste that data into any spreadsheet... Excel, Open/Libre Office, Google Docs, etc. From there you can sort, filter, add/remove columns, print, etc.

Matt

40 minutes ago, MattBrown said:

Open your preview in Preview Design. Open the "String Summary" tab. Click the Copy icon. Now you can paste that data into any spreadsheet... Excel, Open/Libre Office, Google Docs, etc. From there you can sort, filter, add/remove columns, print, etc.

Matt

Thanks for helping him out with that. I never knew this was able to be done. is this something that can be done in S4 as well? that would save me about an hour of going back and forth trying to copy everything to a Word document and type it all in by hand every year lol.

1 hour ago, GriswoldStyle said:

is this something that can be done in S4 as well?

It can be done from the Pixel Editor's Preview Information window:

http://www1.lightorama.com/downloads/4.3.36/help/manage_previews.htm

In the Sequence Editor, your only option is to Print from the Channel Configuration screen:

http://www1.lightorama.com/downloads/4.3.36/help/the_channel_property_grid.htm

Matt

• Thanks 1

I generate an Excel table and it does not take long at all to scroll through the channel config in SE to verify all is correct. I use the same general table every year, changing props / device as required for changes in display. I too laminate this and then use an eraseable fine tipped sharpie to mark up as I go alon

image.png

image.png

Edited by jwblazek
Duplicate pasting

And now I recall how I was able to import into Excel. Open SE and the sequence you want the channel configuration from. Go to EDIT, EXPORT/Export Channel Configuration and place the file somewhere you can find it. Open your Excel and then OPEN the .LCC file you just exported. Excel will give you some warning message, say YES anyway and select .xml. Excel then imports your config file into something you can manipulate using the various EXCEL tools. Warning, file could be large if you have many RGB devices