Light-O-Rama Forums

RGB Sequence Programming

mrduncan

I've been using LOR software for many year and just upgrade from 4.3.26 to 5.1.4.  WOW totally different look.  Most of my light show consists of dumb RGBs.  I used to click a RGB channel and it would pull down 3 individual RGB channel.  In 5.1.4, I don't see how to program the individual RGB channels.  When I select a RBG channel, it doesn't pull down the individual RGB channel as in 4.3.26.

The Help screen indicates the RGB function just like in the previous version but when I select the individual RGB channels, nothing happen (i.e. it doesn't pull down the individual RGB channels).

See attached pic.

Did 5.1.4 install correctly? 

Or, is there some setting or parameter that I have not setup correctly?

Capture.JPG

Edited by mrduncan

S5 is a completely new program and there is a learning curve so I NEVER recommend that anyone change over this close to the Holidays. In S4 you could modify the channels add/delete channels and all that stuff in SE, now the channels are controlled in the previews. Unless you are a very quick learner I would recommend you stay with what you know until after the Holidays then change and learn the new stuff.

No, you can't break down an RGB into the three individual channels, but the color picker lets you set any of the channels individually..

5 hours ago, Mr. P said:

S5 is a completely new program and there is a learning curve so I NEVER recommend that anyone change over this close to the Holidays. In S4 you could modify the channels add/delete channels and all that stuff in SE, now the channels are controlled in the previews. Unless you are a very quick learner I would recommend you stay with what you know until after the Holidays then change and learn the new stuff.

I'm not sure how to interpret your reference to previews and the new way LOR works with RGB channels.

Edited by mrduncan

52 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

No, you can't break down an RGB into the three individual channels, but the color picker lets you set any of the channels individually..

Ok, now that works but I'm not sure if I like this process of changing color as it requires severals steps just to change color.  This will definitely slow down the color change process unless there is another way to change color with just mouse click.

In some ways I see why LOR changed this process to minimize the screen clutter when editing RGB channels.  

Edited by mrduncan

1 hour ago, mrduncan said:

Ok, now that works but I'm not sure if I like this process of changing color as it requires severals steps just to change color.  This will definitely slow down the color change process unless there is another way to change color with just mouse click.

In some ways I see why LOR changed this process to minimize the screen clutter when editing RGB channels.  

Edited by mrduncan

One more question.  I like to show ramps for all my fades.  Ramps are showing up on the LOR channels but fades are showing up on the DMX RGB channels.  How do I change this to show ramps for fades on the DMX RGB channels?

10 hours ago, mrduncan said:

One more question.  I like to show ramps for all my fades.  Ramps are showing up on the LOR channels but fades are showing up on the DMX RGB channels.  How do I change this to show ramps for fades on the DMX RGB channels?

It shows ramps on all my programming, is it something you imported in?

SPaschall

1 hour ago, SPaschall said:

It shows ramps on all my programming, is it something you imported in?

SPaschall

No, these are sequences from S4.

Regular channels are always displayed as ramps. RGB channels are always displayed as fades (just as they are when collapsed in SE).

Matt

Your are right.  For some reason I remember all my fades on the DMX channels as ramps.

Edited by mrduncan