Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixie16 question

StuartB

Hi I've run regular lightorama and a few ribbons before and migrated this year to a pixel matrix display.

I have a Pixie16 which is setup, all my pixels work and cycle via the test button on the unit and I made a quick test of a new sequence and drove some lights.

The question is, I upgraded to SE 5.1.4 PRO, which is a totally different layout.. I purchased a 24x50 sequence from holidaysequences, its configured for DMX and am pulling my hair out how to change the sequence so it communicates via LOR to my Pixie16 and unit ID 10 on port 1. 

Under track I see this sequence is populated as ribbon 1&2 etc through to 24. if I click on the ribbon name it opens a 100 DMX channels, do I have to reassign the prop definition here or is there a master way I can assign this to LOR and unit ID rather editing a 100 dmx prop channels per ribbon?

Thanks for any guidance!

Stuart

When you purchase a sequence from HolidaySequences you get the SuperStar file and a LMS file with E1.31 channels. You will need to Copy & Paste the sequence from the E1.31 channels to your Pixie channels.

I would also like to add that I don't think a Pixie 16 can handle a 24x50 matrix by itself as a Pixie 16 can't fold strings. So if you have 12 strings of 100 a Pixie16 can't fold them and 16 strings of 50 isn't enough. You would need to add a Pixie 8 to get the 24 rows of 50.

Contact Dibblejr as he has a 24x50 matrix with Pixie's.

Edited by Mr. P

You have 3 options

You can purchase the SuperStar CCR upgrade and reduce the size of the HS matrix to 16X50 or add a pixie8 as Mr. P stated above. The size reduction in SS may be the easiest way if you have a 16X50 matrix screen.

The DMX channels do not matter. If you had a 24X50 matrix you would just copy paste those DMX channels into your LOR sequence.

The third option and not the best would be to copy paste the center 16 dmx channels into your pixie16.

When you purchase a sequence from HS ensure you get the .sup since eventually you will want or need the SuperStar file. Such is your case.

I am reading the "drove some lights" with your pixie16 as an incomplete test. Do not consider a HU test as a all inclusive, successful test in SE.

Sorry I cannot help with the S5 part.

JR

Thanks for the answers.

Right now I have 24 strings of 50 in a 24x50 matrix off of 12 outputs on the pixie16, is zig zag feasible in this setup or will I need to purchase a second controller?

Cheers,

Stuart

1 minute ago, StuartB said:

Thanks for the answers.

Right now I have 24 strings of 50 in a 24x50 matrix off of 12 outputs on the pixie16, is zig zag feasible in this setup or will I need to purchase a second controller?

Cheers,

Stuart

you cannot zig zag with a pixie16

you will need a pixie 8 added to make your 24 rows

There are controllers that will let you zigzag but if you are like me I like the keep it simple method and all LOR

JR