Light-O-Rama Forums

Voice changer

thebaronn

Hello!

I was wondering if anyone knows of a program for windows that changes or distorts your voice? I'm looking for something that does it in "realtime" so when Im outside I can talk on my wireless mic and the the voice will get distorted and played out along with my LOR music sequences.

Wireless mic=> PC (with voice changing software) + the LOR music=> Line out=> FM Transmitter

Any help would be appreciated!

Thank you

Eric

Eric:

I couldn't think of any that did it real time so I did a search and the only ones I found that would "realtime" change your voice are ones meant for use on the internet. Everything else that I know of changes after recording. Get into google and type realtime voice morphing and see what you get. You know your system someting there might work.

I use a program that called Creative Console Launcher that came with my sound card. My sound card is a Creative Labs X-fi Platinum. I'm not sure if it will work with other sound cards. The program works remarkably well for instantaneous morphing into several different styles of voices. Before that I used a freeware program that did basically the same thing but had a 1-3 second time delay that was distracting and would occasionally cause my PC to lock. If I can help further just ask.

Al

"This Voice Changer Will Not make you sound like a movie star."

Ah shoot! I really wanted one that will start me a new career! :)

I've seen a bunch of software, but nothing that's worth the money they want for it and most of it that is "real time" is for IP phone service. Hmmmmm. Is that where those nasty phone calls come from?

I like this idea of using separate hardware, though I thought the old computer was big enough to handle the job. Seems like there's a niche that needs filling.

evana wrote:

I know it's not on the computer, but I just use my mixer which has built-in effects... but you could probably pick up an inexpensive "guitar" pedal that will do various things like octave shift, or phase shift... I have not used thisone, but here is just one idea: http://www.guitarcenter.com/DigiTech-RP50-Guitar-Multi-Effects-Pedal-102135435-i1124374.gc

Hope this helps...

Scott

• 1 month later...

Just like the reply above I also use the effects that are built into my mixer. I use a Pioneer stereo mixer but they are pricey. This wasn't bought for Halloween though, I just happen to have it from my work.

It sounds like to sole purpose is for something like Halloween. Voice Changers are expensive as you might know, and they don't work very well for any use other than entertainment.

Have you tried one of those toy Voice Changers? I used one of those a few years ago for Darth Vader and it was interesting.

Texan78 wrote:

What I really would like to hear is a "before" and "after" set of sound files of a male and female with various effects. Then I could decide if it really works. I'll bet no company is going to do that though.... because you would hear how really crappy those things are.