Light-O-Rama Forums

New Computer

PACVII

Had to get a new computer. I transferred my files over but can not copy/paste a sequence. get an error that it has to be done on the original computer? What do you need to do to get this corrected?

The sequence didn't get saved with a valid license. As such, it's limited in its ability to copy/paste (and a few other things.)

Either go back to the old computer and apply the license, or if that's not possible then contact LOR via the help desk. They should be able to help, but it won't be an instant thing, it will take them some time. (Ie., don't expect it overnight.)

4 hours ago, PACVII said:

Had to get a new computer. I transferred my files over but can not copy/paste a sequence. get an error that it has to be done on the original computer? What do you need to do to get this corrected?

You're not in demo mode are you? Did you activate your license on the new install.

On 10/7/2018 at 12:27 PM, PACVII said:

Sounds like it was save as protected mode.  You can do that manually or it will always happen if the software is not registered.  The only way to correct that is from the original computer.  On that computer (assuming it has the software registered), you can open it and re-save it as not protected.  Then you can edit it on another computer.  There is zero reason to save a sequence as protected if that sequence for your own purposes.

i do not have the original pc as it crashed. the software is registered. had it for years now. just going to create a new sequence on the new pc and deal with it from there the best I can

Always pull the Hard Disk from a Dead PC.  If the drive did not grind itself, the data is easy to recover by anyone that gets their hands on it. Shredding is the only safe way to dispose of a drive. Data centers have machines the literately PUNCH the center (spindle) thru the case

Also, if the drive is GOOD: You can put it into a USB drive caddy and use it or copy files to the new one.

Edited by TheDucks

3 minutes ago, PACVII said:

is there some kind of setting for that. I never set anything that I know of to protection.

It is on of the save options.

• The topic was locked