Light-O-Rama Forums

Worst customer service ever!

Clifford

Paid $69 for a software license 2 days ago . Still haven't received my license key despite creating a support ticket. No one responds to my complaints...maybe ill get a refund and go with xlights instead

The support ticket was created at 11PM Friday night. It would have been fixed on Monday morning when people came in, but I forced it now.

Clifford,

I get it. You had a bad experience with LOR to start out. In fact, your very first post here on the forums was a complaint. It should give you some idea about Light-O-Rama's character as a company when you learn that all posts by new forum members are moderated. This means that LOR didn't have to let your message get posted on the forums. However, they did, and John took time out of his weekend to resolve the issue for you.

Everyone, LOR included, is entering into their busy season right now. LOR doesn't have a staff off 200 people waiting to answer tickets 24x7 on their help desk, but they do respond to tickets in the queue; as you have learned today.

Welcome to Light-O-Rama! I know you'll have fun with it - A lot of us do.

• Like 1

My Wifes sun visor on her mazda would no longer hold its position and was flopping down.  July 2018 range.  It had a built in mirror and light and the local dealer wanted $300 installed.  Internet search on!    I found the part varied in price from 120 something to 180 I think..   I picked a dealer who had a very nice website for $128 Plus $12 shipping.  Turns out they had to order the part from somewhere.    10 days later I got an email saying the part had arrived at their warehouse in Texas and I could pick it up which is weird since they charged me for shipping.  I tried to contact via email... Bounce!  The response said I had to use the web form.   No word for the next week.  Then I went to the fancy website and got a phone number which it turns out was no longer is service !  Panic and check paypal.   Already paid and no part.   Dispute!        This part is unbelievable.   The response said it had already been shipped to me and gave a tracking number.   I am certain the scammer just pasted in a random tracker since this I tracked it down to an address in Texas while I am in Missouri.    Interestingly the paypal dispute contact numbers were the email which didnt accept emails and the phone number which didnt accept calls!  This dropped my opinion of PayPal substantially.     There were a series of back and forth and on each I refered to my order number which had the address and gave my street address and phone.   After several not my fault dodges the guy says he will send another one if I provide my address.   Just another way to dodge so he can say he didnt know where to send it later on.   Finally he says he will send another 'Tomorrow' which is weird since I know they dont stock the item and have to order it from a Mazda warehouse.   Finally  SIX WEEKS after I paid for the item it arrived and to my surprise it was the correct item and fit perfectly.    I was forced to drop my dispute but I was unable to get a peep out of paypal who allowed a vendor to accept money with invalid contact information.       This is an example of bad customer service.

Edited by ItsMeBobO
clarity
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Clifford said:

Paid $69 for a software license 2 days ago . Still haven't received my license key despite creating a support ticket. No one responds to my complaints...maybe ill get a refund and go with xlights instead

Wow, if this is an issue that caused you to join a forum and then write a complaint, that a upgrade you placed at 11:30pm at night on a Friday did not auto take, you have a long road to travel in this world. Me thinks you pulled the pissed off trigger a little early on this one. LOR is and always has been a great company to deal with. Sometimes in Life Sh&* happens. Enjoy Xlights.

Alan...

Edited by default
  • Like 1

This is going to be a 'one hit wonder'.   He probably won't be back on the forums.

Here is more detail:

We had an issue over the weekend with the automated system that sends license creation and update messages from one server to the other.  These messages were only intermittently getting through.  We did monitor the situation over the weekend (since the root cause of the issue itself appeared to be out of our control).  As of now, we should have caught up on all the licenses that were missed.  If we missed your license creation or update, simply open a help desk ticket with your order number and we will get you going.

Our normal business hours are 10A-4PM M-FWe (like most companies) are closed on the weekend.  As a courtesy we do try to pick up help desk tickets/etc on the weekend on an as-can basis.  However there are only a few of us who have access to the ordering system and so the person picking up the ticket may need to send it to one of us. 

As John stated, the OP opened the ticket at 11:00 PM on Friday night, well after we had closed for the weekend.

• At 8:30 AM Saturday we replied that we received the ticket and that we needed to send this over to the ordering people to see what is happening. 
  • At 11:00 AM Saturday you asked again about your key. 
  • At 6PM Saturday you complained that we were not taking care of the issue and you demanded that we take care of it "immediately!". 
  • At 12:000 Noon Sunday we replied that we had manually created your license and explained we had some technical issues. 
  • At 1PM Sunday you complained that you had not yet received the eMail (FYI:  You can ALWAYS get your license from our website: http://www1.lightorama.com/software-license-retrieval/). 
  • At 3PM we checked our eMail system and found no errors.  We posted your license to your ticket. 

So in a nutshell, your entire issue was resolved in approximately 36 hours, which is pretty darn good by any standard during normal business days.  We actually took care of the issue during the weekend, even though we are closed.   I don't know if I would call that WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER!

If the OP is still not satisfied, I am happy to refund his purchase if he has not yet registered the software.  

58 minutes ago, DevMike said:

This is going to be a 'one hit wonder'.   He probably won't be back on the forums.

Here is more detail:

We had an issue over the weekend with the automated system that sends license creation and update messages from one server to the other.  These messages were only intermittently getting through.  We did monitor the situation over the weekend (since the root cause of the issue itself appeared to be out of our control).  As of now, we should have caught up on all the licenses that were missed.  If we missed your license creation or update, simply open a help desk ticket with your order number and we will get you going.

Our normal business hours are 10A-4PM M-FWe (like most companies) are closed on the weekend.  As a courtesy we do try to pick up help desk tickets/etc on the weekend on an as-can basis.  However there are only a few of us who have access to the ordering system and so the person picking up the ticket may need to send it to one of us. 

As John stated, the OP opened the ticket at 11:00 PM on Friday night, well after we had closed for the weekend.

• At 8:30 AM Saturday we replied that we received the ticket and that we needed to send this over to the ordering people to see what is happening. 
  • At 11:00 AM Saturday you asked again about your key. 
  • At 6PM Saturday you complained that we were not taking care of the issue and you demanded that we take care of it "immediately!". 
  • At 12:000 Noon Sunday we replied that we had manually created your license and explained we had some technical issues. 
  • At 1PM Sunday you complained that you had not yet received the eMail (FYI:  You can ALWAYS get your license from our website: http://www1.lightorama.com/software-license-retrieval/). 
  • At 3PM we checked our eMail system and found no errors.  We posted your license to your ticket. 

So in a nutshell, your entire issue was resolved in approximately 36 hours, which is pretty darn good by any standard during normal business days.  We actually took care of the issue during the weekend, even though we are closed.   I don't know if I would call that WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER!

If the OP is still not satisfied, I am happy to refund his purchase if he has not yet registered the software.  

Seems above and beyond to me!

Great job!

• Like 1

Outstanding service !  last year I lost my whole preview setup in S4 on a Sunday night at 11pm,  Sent email to Matt brown to see if he could help  he called me right back and got me up and running at 1AM that night, now that's customer service! Thanks to L.O.R and Matt Brown    LOR customer for 10 years great company. Dennis Laff

Internet time (speed). How many of these folk griping, work for companies with 7 day service, let alone 24/7?

I used to work field service. Some clients had a 24/7 service contract for emergencies. I once drove 85 miles at 2AM (the bookkeeper works then) for a broken printer at a checkstand, when I asked the boss, the next day, if this was abuse of emergency , the answer was YES! but he was not going to bill them for out of contract service.

I want it NOW! seems to be the modern way ?

9 hours ago, TheDucks said:

Internet time (speed). How many of these folk griping, work for companies with 7 day service, let alone 24/7?

I used to work field service. Some clients had a 24/7 service contract for emergencies. I once drove 85 miles at 2AM (the bookkeeper works then) for a broken printer at a checkstand, when I asked the boss, the next day, if this was abuse of emergency , the answer was YES! but he was not going to bill them for out of contract service.

I want it NOW! seems to be the modern way ?

I hear you on that. I get people that order from my eBay store on a Saturday and then come Sunday wonder why it hasn't shipped yet... Ummm hello it's Sunday number 1 and number 2, I don't work weekends lol. better yet is the people who will send 10 messages over the weekend why haven't you responded yet yet the store hours clearly show I'm off on weekends.

I actually had one yesterday wondering why their item didn't mark as shipped. well because the post office wasn't open number one and number two I had to take down my Halloween display which was very frustrating in its own thanks to the hurricane that's coming and even the high winds we were getting yesterday. So needless to say I was already in a bad mood that I had to take down most of the Halloween stuff due to the high winds were already getting and it's not even here yet. So my response wasn't exactly the best customer service response but I did get my point across that maybe there's more important things going on. 

Silly customers, my light display comes first. ?????

On ‎10‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 11:51 AM, Dennis Laff said:

Outstanding service !  last year I lost my whole preview setup in S4 on a Sunday night at 11pm,  Sent email to Matt brown to see if he could help  he called me right back and got me up and running at 1AM that night, now that's customer service! Thanks to L.O.R and Matt Brown    LOR customer for 10 years great company. Dennis Laff

I have a feeling anyone remembering this and seeing him asking for help on the forums may be inclined to remember the "bad cs " remark. 

Imagine if he didn't have to pay for something, how he'd treat someone trying to assist him. 

JR

9 hours ago, dibblejr said:

I have a feeling anyone remembering this and seeing him asking for help on the forums may be inclined to remember the "bad cs " remark

Boy that is for sure. I see more and more people these days acting like this guy. I hear this, "Why do I have to work at it to get this show?". Why do I have to wait? I hate waiting, I want it yesterday. What, it is not ready to go right out of the box, I have to plug it in? Some people you just can't help these days. It is a shame.

Tom

• Like 1

Let's not pile on too much.  He was upset, and we explained the facts.  In a way, it is a good thing - this customer thought we were big enough to have 24 hour service.  We must be doing something right!

The issue I have is that I am a big enough jerk that I get beat on enough all on my own (and deserve it).  This was one of the times where it was not deserved.  

One of these year's I'm going to do a 'You won't believe THIS!' at an Expo and bring along some examples of 'um... well..   maybe the customer is actually WRONG'.  Do it as a comedy thing.  

But again, please be gentle.   Sometimes we just need to manage expectations.

I like that idea Devmike. I'm all about the comedic flow of things. Can we get a YouTube video of it just in case I can't make it? Lol

I have had to contact LOR on many occasions.  They get right back to me as soon as the next business day. 

I have sent controllers back to them to get fixed and they are always fair with pricing and turnaround time!!

That is why I will continue to buy LOR stuff!

If you are one of those that wait until the last minute to check everything out and then panic that's your fault.

Steve

• Like 2

• The topic was locked