Light-O-Rama Forums

can't get the lor software to control the visualizer. I have downloaded the s4 4.3.26, and the sequenced editor will not control the visualizer

Art

I had all working but thought I would upgrade to s5 but did not have the time to work with the software  changes.  I deleted s5 and installed s4 4.3.26.  Made sure that I reinstalled the correct license.  now I can open the sequence editor and play the files. but nothing shows on the visualizer.  The visualizer has the correct image and settings as before but the two do not talk.  Please help.

Art

Is control visualizer checked in the SE play menu

Is control panel running and play vis selected in the right click menu.

Control panel needs to be running for pixels.

• Like 1

Also did you turn on the control panel so the listener is running? It wouldn't impact the visualizer for regular channels but for pixels, they won't appear unless its running.

• 3 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, jwblazek said:

Do you have shows enabled? Visualizer will not run if you have shows enabled

That is incorrect.  I routinely would have Visualizer running while the show was running for the past couple years.  In fact that is one of the things I will miss this year as there is no provision for watching your show with S5.

No, you can't have Sequence Editor AND the Show player both trying to control the visualizer at the same time.  It's one or the other, but not both.  I mis-read your statement to mean that you could not watch Visualizer of your playing show (which does work just fine).  I'm still gonna miss not being able to watch a visualization of my show year now that I'm using S5.

• The topic was locked