Light-O-Rama Forums

new at pixie16 controller

J.guzman

i think i bit off more then i can chow need help with trying to understand S5 software i just started this year have never put a show together if some one can help it would be Appreciated be sides the pixie controller i also Purchase 2  Residential Series Addon CTB16PC  I have done about four songs I'm going to try for halloween LOST THANKS

50 minutes ago, J.guzman said:

i think i bit off more then i can chow need help with trying to understand S5 software i just started this year have never put a show together if some one can help it would be Appreciated be sides the pixie controller i also Purchase 2  Residential Series Addon CTB16PC  I have done about four songs I'm going to try for halloween LOST THANKS

I cant help with S5 but if you are having difficulty setting up your pixie16 that is something I can help you with. 

JR

Me, I' d strongly leave S5 and go to the latest S4 version 4.3.36.  The SE and PE are separate and I find it much easier to sequence in SE.  The PE to me has been a royal pain to learn and I may try and tackle that next year, but this late in the season, I'm using what I know and a lot of us are still using S4, as the PE is a whole different ball game.  

And them being intertwined in S5, just made it more difficult at least in my case because of my sever vision issues, I just can't see those extremely small rectangles that PE uses, if they were as large as the SE, that'd been great for me, as it is, I'll probably never move past S4 just because I can't get the rectangles as big as I need them to see what I'm doing.  

Me personally, I think that's the worst mistake LOR has done to their software for folks that do have vision issues, {and I know I'm not the only one here that has severe vision issues} and that's the reason I say it is it has made it more difficult to use, if at all, for us with severe vision problems {legally blind}.   I think they should have kept the SE and PE separated, not joined.  

But each their own.  Just means I'll probably never upgrade again. 

And yes, I tried S5, I just could not use it because of my vision issues{and no, my vision, unfortunately can not be corrected by surgery or glasses, even though I wear glasses} and it's extremely small sequence area size.  Again, it is my issue, others probably like it just fine as it is, just wish I could have used it, as I like to try and use the current version of software, if, or when, I can upgrade to it.

But anyway, if you're using S4, probably me and a few more folks here on the forum that could possibly help you out with what you're doing, as most won't upgrade to the newest version {S5} this late in the season, usually due to having to learn the new methods of how to utilize the new changes and improvements in it. JMO

Edited by Orville