Light-O-Rama Forums

Preview works lights don't

Pumpkin_King

Good Afternoon all,

so after a succesfull year with regular 16 channel controllers last year, I took the plung this year and got a PIXIE2 and CCR set in the summer sale. so I'm not sure if this is a behavious in S5 or due to the controller, but previously when previewing in the editor my lights would follow suit and I could test effects, run through songs make sure timing was correct etc.

Now with the 2 CCRs I have set them up using the built in profile for PIXIE2 controllers in S5 (2x ribbons 50 channels each), I have set some generic colours and flashes, but darned if I can get them to react when I preview, should I be seeing the lights respond as I did with my 16 channel home controllers or am I missing something basic here?

Thanks

Hi,

First thing to do is update your profile so we can help you better.

Second thing is to check under the dropdown Window (top menu bar) and make sure that Control Lights is checked.

Check it out and report back.

Sorry about that, details updated, I do indeed have control lights checked which is even more perplexing, when I run the hardware utility it detects the ribbons and they test successfully.

Which license level do you have?

Version 5.1.4 was just released today. You might try upgrading - some of the checks and warning messages have been improved.

Matt

Downloading the latest version now, license says:

Light-O-Rama S5 Sequencer (32-bit), Version 5.1.2
Basic Plus Edition

This is what I've set in sequence editor, I've just selected the first 24 channels and turned them on, I've upgraded to the latest version last night so I'm now baffled :(

Capture.JPG

Is it possible you are trying to enable lights from the Window menu? That "Control Lights" menu item controls visibility of the "Control Lights" window - it doesn't actually affect whether lights are controlled or not. Instructions for controlling lights are here:

http://www1.lightorama.com/downloads/5.1.4/help/control_lights.htm

Matt

PS. we will make a change in the next release to eliminate confusion about the Window > Control Lights menu item.

26 minutes ago, MattBrown said:

Is it possible you are trying to enable lights from the Window menu? That "Control Lights" menu item controls visibility of the "Control Lights" window - it doesn't actually affect whether lights are controlled or not. Instructions for controlling lights are here:

http://www1.lightorama.com/downloads/5.1.4/help/control_lights.htm

Matt

PS. we will make a change in the next release to eliminate confusion about the Window > Control Lights menu item.

This was it, thank you guys so much!!!!! on with the show.