Light-O-Rama Forums

Whoo Hoo, Can't believe USPS delivered on a SUNDAY!

Orville

Wow, was I surprised today about 10 minutes to 3pm, 09/09/2018, on a Sunday I got a knock on my door and it was the USPS delivering my High Speed Dongle for the RGB Controllers I had purchased from a fellow forum member.   I was very surprised to see a postal worker delivery on a Sunday, I didn't expect to get this until Monday late afternoon.

So was able to add it to my setup, get it installed and set up my new HS network for the 5 RGB CCB-100 Controllers and light strands.

Awesome, edited all sequences and got everything reset and everything works really great together now.  Before this arrived, my CTB16PC controllers and the CCB-100's were all having sever lag issues, all gone now!

However I was surprised at how small the HS dongle was, I kind of expected it to be a bit larger and able to connect two cat5 connections to it, since I had planned on using one of the CCB-100's inside the house on a small Christmas Tree I was going to try and use in my small front window.  Well, will figure out something with that later.

Right now, just very happy this came in and what a difference it made in how things work!

Thank you Light-O-Rama for getting the shipping charges lowered by going USPS, instead of UPS.  Really appreciate that!  And I just ordered this on 09/07/2018, so shipping was very fast too. 

Again, surprised and shocked me that it was delivered on a Sunday! 

But sure glad it was, now I've updated sequences and now can work on tweaking them since everything now flows as it should!

they have been doing it here in Texas for awhile, but i think only priority mail stuff... and during christmas time they deliver 7 days a week to keep up

15 minutes ago, ericm said:

they have been doing it here in Texas for awhile, but i think only priority mail stuff... and during christmas time they deliver 7 days a week to keep up

I've only seen USPS deliver Express or 1 or 2 day on a Sunday.  Most things I've gotten Priority mail, like the dongle usually only Monday-Saturday delivery and at my mail box.  If it doesn't fit, then they leave a key for the larger lock boxes in the area.

Edited by Orville

Been getting a number of packages via USPS on Sunday for a goodly part of this year.  I think they are Priority Mail (first class)

You folks that live out there in the big world are lucky!  Our post office is only open for 7 hours a day Monday through Friday and 4 hours on Saturday!

We consider it a miracle if we actually get a package at the PO (no deliveries here) on the day that tracking says it arrived!  Have been seeing delays of a few days lately with new people working at our PO since our postmaster retired a few months ago.

Well, it is the price we pay for living in the middle of a Forever Wild, six million acre park I guess but it is not fun when you expect a priority first class overnight mail of meds and they don't show up!

• The topic was locked