Light-O-Rama Forums

Do you have any experience with any China vendor ...

TBD

Do any of you have experience with any vendor(s) from China (through Alibaba) that sell(s) quality 12mm 12v ws28111 RGB bullet pixels (18awg wire is OK) IP68 rating is preferable, with warranty is preferable (with or without pigtails is OK).  I'm looking to buy 20,000 to 24,000 pixels.
Is anyone else bringing in a load that I can tag on to?
Does anyone else want to tag on to my order?

Please give me some advice.  I'd hate to spend this much money and end up with junk pixels.
Thanks, Mike (mike@suntreervpark.com) 

Many of us have used Ray Wu - http://www.aliexpress.com/store/701799

One thing.  Don't use the Alibaba on line ordering system to place you order.  Figure out what you want and make a list.  Send Ray a message via the web site.  Send him the list and ask for a quote.  He will send you a quote that will save quite a bit on shipping.

• Like 2

Ray Wu is the man. I have seen everyone suggest him. When I was looking for dumb nodes for my Halloween tombstones I contacted him. It ended up saving me about $70 off the shipping cost of what the store would have charged. He makes a special listing in the store with everything you need. Good shipping time too. He used DHL.

• Like 1

For WS2811 pixel nodes I use Rextinled Ray couldn’t beet their price with free shipping from TX.

You can find them on Amazon or eBay but ensure the “seller” is Rextinled since they are the mfg and many sellers reference their pixels in their ads.

JR

I use square 2811 12V pixels exclusively, from Ray. Not had one failure ( knocks on wood)  since 2013 when I started with pixels. As Jim said, send him a request for quote and he will give you a good price and combine ship charges. He is also a manufacturer and can do custom spacing. I had  500 pixels with a 1.5 inch spacing made, one year.

• Like 1

For a U.S. dealer, might check with diyledexpress.com. Sent them and email and ask them for their best price on such a large order. Kind of depends whether they have stock ready to ship or needs to get more from China. 

Question with dealing with anymore directly in China, is how good is their warrenty.  Are they going to just credit you for a bad string/strip or require you to send it back.  With shipping back to China out of this world., that;'s really not an option. 

• The topic was locked