Light-O-Rama Forums

Video cards confirmed to work for video w/ LOR

bhays

The video card has expired in my show computer. It's a GeForce 6800GT. I need to replace it and was hoping to use a less expensive card since that computer is only used for the show, no sequencing, etc.

What PCI or AGP video cards have people successfully used for full screen video output on the second monitor with LOR?

Thank you so much for your assistance.

• 3 weeks later...

I am not fully using LOR yet, but as far as video cards go.....AL, LOR or what ever. I have only heard of Nvidia Geforce cards later than 5500 working correctly with duel view full video on the second monitor.

There are several on ebay now for $50 or less including shipping. I have the 6200, and it works great with LOR or AD.

Is the 5200 capabile or 'duelview'? Duelview does not operate like clone.

Can you have desktop shown on one monitor with video only in full view, or desktop background in no video is playing on the 2nd monitor/tv/projector?

You can set it up as clone or dualview. I have mine set as dualview, so I can have the sequence editor running on one screen, with the visualizer running on the other at the same time.

This makes it easier (for me) to see what is going on with my sequences.

Steve Ott wrote:

You can set it up as clone or dualview. I have mine set as dualview, so I can have the sequence editor running on one screen, with the visualizer running on the other at the same time.

That said, I am almost positive the 5200 will not allow you to specify video files to play full screen on the 2nd monitor, which is what is needed for video with LOR/AL.

bhays wrote:

Steve Ott wrote:

That said, I am almost positive the 5200 will not allow you to specify video files to play full screen on the 2nd monitor, which is what is needed for video with LOR/AL.

I was pretty sure I read somewhere that anything below 5500 would not do full screen video only on the 2nd monitor. I tried to find it again but was not seccessful.

• 2 weeks later...

bhays wrote:

The video card has expired in my show computer. It's a GeForce 6800GT. I need to replace it and was hoping to use a less expensive card since that computer is only used for the show, no sequencing, etc.

What PCI or AGP video cards have people successfully used for full screen video output on the second monitor with LOR?

have you found a card yet? the card in my computer is old and won't do the full-screen output to second monitor anyway, so I either have to add one new card (that will do both my monitor and full screen video to the projector) or just add a second card. I kinda wish someone would just tell me what to buy because I just don't get this kind of stuff :(

medman2000 wrote:

bhays wrote:

have you found a card yet? the card in my computer is old and won't do the full-screen output to second monitor anyway, so I either have to add one new card (that will do both my monitor and full screen video to the projector) or just add a second card. I kinda wish someone would just tell me what to buy because I just don't get this kind of stuff :)

The 'adding a second video card' has been tried, it did not work. I have not found anyone saying that they have found a card that works, other than a nVidia geforce 5500 or later. I believe it was Joseph Ayo that I got that number from.

I actually have the nVidia geforce 6200, it works very well for video with AL or LOR. There was a 6200 that just sold on ebay for $24.50 including shipping.

GeForce Nvidia 6200A 256MB AGP 6 Series AXLE
copied the above from ebay it is the exact same card that I have.