Light-O-Rama Forums

Annoying Bug

Guest Guest

Guest wbottomley

Bob, when I use the space bar to start and stop then click back to a start location again, an entire block from where the timing bar stopped to were your cursor is at is selected.

It's kind of difficult to explain. Only use the space bar to start and stop.

I'm on Win XP SP3, 2gig ram.

I haven't been able to get this to happen, unless I hold the Shift key down when I click the mouse (in which case it's the expected behavior - "Shift-Click" means "Select everything from the current selection to the spot clicked").

Is it possible that one of your Shift keys was stuck?

If not, could you please explain again? Maybe I'm misunderstanding. Here's what I did:

(1) Opened up a sequence.

(2) Hit the space bar (which started play).

(3) Hit the space bar again (which ended play).

(4) Mouse clicked somewhere to the left of where play was ended.

Did you do something differently? If so, what?

Guest wbottomley

bob wrote:

If not, could you please explain again? Maybe I'm misunderstanding. Here's what I did:

(1) Opened up a sequence.

(2) Hit the space bar (which started play).

(3) Hit the space bar again (which ended play).

(4) Mouse clicked somewhere to the left of where play was ended.

Did you do something differently? If so, what?

1) yes

2) yes

3) yes

4) no.

I didn't have to click anywhere. No shift keys are stuck. Where ever your cursor is at the time it stops, it's like you are pressing and holding your left mouse button and shift key at the same time (automatically).

I'm sorry, I think I'm still not understanding. Your mouse cursor happens to be somewhere over the grid before play, and when you end play, it selects the area from where play ended to wherever your mouse cursor happened to be?

If that's what you mean, then first, I still haven't been able to get it to happen.

Second, if you're not mouse clicking after play, what did you mean by "use the space bar to start and stop then click back to a start location again"?