Light-O-Rama Forums

Changing Default File Location

johna

Hello Everyone,

After installing LOR II on my laptop I see it defaults to the Lights-O-Rama (LOR) folder under My Document but I have my LOR folder located under Program Files in Windows XP Pro (w/SP2).

Without redicrecting my default location for my files away from My Document under my User ID, is there for me to redefine the location for LOR to look elsewhere? Is this in the registry or is ther an lor.ini file in Windows/System32 all of the LOR programs look at?

If not, I like to request a enhancement to the suite of LOR programs to be managed with the addition of a file management component.

Thanks,

John Antoniewicz :?
Albany, GA

Hi Again Everyone,

I scanned through the Windows Registry and found. Here is my registry export with the changes:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareLight-O-RamaShared]

"UserDataPath"="C:Program FilesLight-O-Rama"

"AudioPath"="C:Program FilesLight-O-RamaAudio"

"NonAudioPath"="C:Program FilesLight-O-RamaSequences"

I suggest you export this section of the registry into an original file (I called my "LOR Default File Local - Original") before I made the changes.

I then restarted the program and when I went open up a sequence I saw all my files. If you have several groups of sequences located at different locations, you might want to keep a custom registry file within that folder. When you are ready to play that sequence, double click on the file then start up the programs. Just remember to have a default registry file to reset it back afterwards.

John Anoniewicz
Albany, GA

Dennis Cherry wrote:

Look under "My Computer/c:/Program Files/Light-O-Rama" and you will find "LORPost.exe.

Just run this program and it can change the default directories. Just tell it where your files are located.

Dennis

John,

The default file locations were changed along the way to support Vista. Truthfully I like the LOR file location under "mydocuments" because I have my system back device set to back up my documents and all sub folders.

As I understand in Vista where were some security issue with the "data" files being located under programs/lor.

Chuck

Hi Chuck,

Still a newbie to all of this, I am still in the midst of that learning curve. I am thankful and extremely greatful I can turn to you and others with a vast weath of experience to help me though my trial, errors and tribulation.

John A