Light-O-Rama Forums

Couple glitches when adding effects in S5

Brad Stucky

Here are a couple glitches and workarounds that I've found in S5.  They were in 5.1.0 and also appear to be in 5.1.2

While in the sequencer, if you right click to add SuperStar Effects to an effect line of a prop, remember to save any editing of effects in SuperStar (as usual).  If you happen to then select all effects and exit, the data won't be entered into the sequence as would normally be the case.  You must then select Add SuperStar Effect again, open the saved file, select the events, and then exit for the data to be entered.

If you have previously selected to add SuperStar Effects to your sequence, and then want to add Motion Effects, the right-click-mouse menu will not open Motion effects but instead SuperStar, and likely with the SUS file that was last used. If you play the sequence before selecting to add Motion Effects, this clears that glitch.  I don't imagine this happens often since everyone will want to play and see the new effect just added before deciding to add another.

I'm having a blast with the new software and discovering all kinds of neat stuff!

32 minutes ago, Brad Stucky said:

If you have previously selected to add SuperStar Effects to your sequence, and then want to add Motion Effects, the right-click-mouse menu will not open Motion effects but instead SuperStar, and likely with the SUS file that was last used. If you play the sequence before selecting to add Motion Effects, this clears that glitch.  I don't imagine this happens often since everyone will want to play and see the new effect just added before deciding to add another.

If I understand what you are saying, it's doing what it's supposed to do.  As I understand it, if you are using both SuperStar Effects and Motion Effects on the same prop at the same time, they should be on separate Motion Effects rows.  If you have them on the same ME row, it would make it impossible or difficult to later edit one of the effects because it's supposed to open the editor that created the effect if you click on an effect.  Or am I missing what you are saying?

I have a separate Motion Effect row each for Superstar and Motion Effects and have successfully played  both SuperStar and Motion Effects at the same time in the viewer and on my prop.  I've never tried adding both types of effects to the same row, figuring it wouldn't work just like you said.  It's only when I actually discovered that you could add another effects row before I even tried combining the effects on one prop.  It's the right click menu that acts up and throws you into SuperStar when selecting Motion Effects,  and only after just entering a SuperStar effect and then only if you don't happen to play back the sequence before attempting to add the Motion effect.  It's a very minor glitch and I didn't discover it before already having success with the combination of effects.  

Here are the steps to reveal it.

Select prop's 1st effect row, right click, Insert SuperStar effect.  After SuperStar opens, select effects  (usually all of them for me)  and exit.  Effects are placed on the line after saving at window prompt.

After that, immediately select the prop's 2nd effect row, right click, Insert Motion effect.  Superstar opens instead of Motion effects.

If you play the sequence right after adding the SuperStar effect then the menu selection to add Motion effect for the 2nd line works just fine.

Just noticed you are soon to break that 6000 post number.  Wow!  (You probably already have by the time I finish this ?) Congratulations are in order!!!

Edited by Brad Stucky
forgot a word