Light-O-Rama Forums

Looking for Witch Doctor - David Seville sequence

DeerValleyLights

Hey everyone! So I am finalizing my Halloween show and it dawned on me... I really would love to have the Witch Doctor song in my show as I grew up with that song and completely forgot about it over the years.

Does anyone possibly have a singing faces sequence to this that would like to share?

Thanks!

Hey if anyone is willing to share a sequence to this song I would really appreciate it!!!!

boobeagle@gmail.com

6 hours ago, DeerValleyLights said:

Hey everyone! So I am finalizing my Halloween show and it dawned on me... I really would love to have the Witch Doctor song in my show as I grew up with that song and completely forgot about it over the years.

Does anyone possibly have a singing faces sequence to this that would like to share?

Thanks!

I had the sequence I did for someone here Just looked for it and it was probably on my old computer. 

However I can produce this one, will be one of my last one for HAlloween and one of the last before setting up HAlloween.

If you don't mind shooting me a PM with Witch Dr in subject so I do not open it until ready to sequence it.

NM the album info above. I have the matrix and I have that attached to the Alvin and the Chipmunks album and its 3:02 so that's the song I will use.

JR

Edited by dibblejr
removed previous album info

My new version of Witch Dr will be better since it wont be done with papagayo. I no longer share the papagayo sequences. I am re producing all of them one at a time.

JR

4 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

My new version of Witch Dr will be better since it wont be done with papagayo. I no longer share the papagayo sequences. I am re producing all of them one at a time.

JR

Oh boy. just as I start researching Papagayo you switch it and throw a wrench in there lol. okay so now you're definitely going to have to teach me lol. Your faces are always spot on.

2 minutes ago, GriswoldStyle said:

Oh boy. just as I start researching Papagayo you switch it and throw a wrench in there lol. okay so now you're definitely going to have to teach me lol. Your faces are always spot on.

I haven't used it in over a year, its a good learning point, but my way is much faster and accurate. Lets put it this way. If you have a song with 1 voice (1 singer) papagayo works pretty good though still doesn't have a lot of separation between words. Now if you have a song with multiple backups and vary from the lead singer you have to open another papagayo session. And it goes on and on. The song I did that had 30 + singers would have had 30 + sessions. Then I would have to merge those parts in SE and then go back and try to get rid of some of the extra flash.

The other problem with papagayo, if a word is not in the papagayo dictionary it will error out, You then have to think of a word that is similar in sound and or lip movement before you can move on. That is actually how I started doing it without papagayo. I would often delete the word and when I import it to SE add the word manually.

Now I work on a few seconds at a time doing all parts as I go. And as you know takes me less than a day to sequence most songs. With papagayo could take at least a couple days and some more than a week.

Papagayo does give you a starter point to learn the mouth and lip movements but I now teach people my method via cell phone video.  At the Expo I only had a few hours to teach, id doesn't scratch the surface of learning. Mt friend Derkengoogley here saw me do his sequence in our room at the OKC mini last year without papagayo in a few hours.

JR

• Like 1

OP- the song that I wil be using is from the Chipmunks movie. Starts out a little rappish. It can be purchased at Amazon. 

JR

• 5 months later...
  • The topic was locked