Light-O-Rama Forums

P 10 Panels and S5 Fun

PCRail

S5 makes setting up and sequencing P 10 Panels simple and fun.  Before you get to that, though, you’ll need to know/do some stuff. P 10 Panels are new to me, so I bought a kit. I’m not promoting any products. This stuff is very compatible with LOR S5 software and is not in direct competition with LOR hardware.

I don’t really have enough experience with any of the hardware to share opinions.

I was successful in setting up 2x2 panels controlled by S5 through a wireless network controller, like other E1.31 controllers (but wireless.). I'm using it to display text/information about songs. I probably won't be able to answer any questions because I mostly just got lucky. Did I mention that it's wireless?

Richard

Edited by PCRail
spelling

I'm not planning on running either my P5 or P10 panels via WiFi, but I have tested it and that works.  I have wired LAN easily available to the locations, so I will run wired LAN.  I have my two panels hanging from the ceiling in my family room and have been testing extensively.

The "development board" that came with the kit has no Ethernet port, only a wireless connection. I hope that this doesn't end up being a problem. Right now, it works well.with no wires!

It's difficult to discuss this without violating LOR forum rules about non-LOR stuff. 

Richard

7 hours ago, PCRail said:

The "development board" that came with the kit has no Ethernet port, only a wireless connection. I hope that this doesn't end up being a problem. Right now, it works well.with no wires!

It's difficult to discuss this without violating LOR forum rules about non-LOR stuff. 

Richard

you should be ok in this thread as long as you aren't trying to sell or promote something.  All of us talk about non-LOR stuff and have non-LOR stuff tied into our shows (Falcon, FPP, SansDevices, AlphaPix, et al).

7 hours ago, PCRail said:

Yea, I remember that one of Raspberry Pi variants is WiFi only.  Can't remember which one.  I did a test with all 36 universes on my P10 going via WiFi instead of the cable (takes less than one minute to change back and forth for me).  That worked fine, but that was just as a test.  Maybe I'll move all 108 universes over for a test this evening.

You will almost certainly have questions.  Feel free to ask.  You may also want to join and start paying attention to the Falcon Player forum.

Also, if you did not see it, there is a SoCal mini in Corona in a couple weeks.  I plan on attending and likely will have my P5 panel with me.

• The topic was locked