Light-O-Rama Forums

Lag while viewing visualizer can't keep up.

GriswoldStyle

Just curious if anyone knows of some tricks I can do to speed up video to reduce lag in the S4 visualizer while viewing a sequence.

Here are my toshiba C675D laptop specs. I'm not that great with tweaking it so maybe some instructions may help.

I am on Windows 7 home premium 

4gb ram

Processor amd e-300 Apu with Radeon hd graphics 1.30 GHz

64 bit.

My SE sequence includes 4 ac controllers, 3 cmb24 and 2 ccb's (2x50 each total 200 pixels)

Note that rgb and pixels groups are condensed and not showing each individual on the preview in the SE. I also scroll to the top of the sequence so that any animation in SC with the lights coming on does not interfere and cause lag. The lag is in the actual visualizer simulation but not in SE

Any suggestions on how to overcome it?

Besides upgrading pc lol

Edited by GriswoldStyle

First step is to make the Visualization window smaller.  If that does not help, there are a few playback settings in SE that can help.  Been long enough since I sequenced in SE that I can't remember the details.  I added a LOT of channels to my show this year and my computer could not come close to keeping up.  My solution was a new computer.  I ended up with a high end gaming computer with almost the best video card you can buy.  My wallet is a bunch thinner, but it works great!

• Like 1

The Visualizer is a resource hog. Ensure you do not have SS or any other LOR programs other than SE/ PE open.

I had a lot of lag until as Jim did I got a high end gaming PC. Prior to that I only used it for a couple props at a time. Now I only use the vis to help others and to sequence my floods. (beat wise)

JR

• Like 1

With that processor and limited onboard graphics, it will always be a struggle. Turn off absolutely everything you don't need,that may be running in the background, and as Jim said turn off all the SE display features you can. Flashing buttons, moving timeline, waveform display, all consume CPU cycles.Look under the Play Menu. and in the preferences.

I am not sure if turning off advanced rendering will help, but try it, Visualizer options under the Comref tab.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PhilMassey said:

Useful site, nice

I just upgraded my SSD and used it to compare drives just last week. This way you can see how much you are getting for your money.

Thank you everyone. The channel lights in SE were indeed on as well as wave form. Will try these suggestions later today after I finish up the weekends decal orders.

Thanks again everyone for chiming in. Unfortunately I just do not have the funds yet for a new pc but I am eyeballing a razor gaming laptop for a future purchase :)

That is a cool site.  I like the descriptions for ratings for types of uses.  Unfortunately for you, the CPU in your computer was rated as a "tree trunk" in all three categories and given a numerical rating of 1090th out of 1122.  My old one would be about the same.  Has a lot to do with why I upgraded.

4 hours ago, k6ccc said:

That is a cool site.  I like the descriptions for ratings for types of uses.  Unfortunately for you, the CPU in your computer was rated as a "tree trunk" in all three categories and given a numerical rating of 1090th out of 1122.  My old one would be about the same.  Has a lot to do with why I upgraded.

Yep I even bench tested my work computer today and everything came up in red and yellow. So I guess I will have no choice but to upgrade next year. Lol

Unrelated to the post but question about ccd extra channels. Can I delete them? When I add a CCD it gives extra channels under each one of the 2 sets of 50 pixels. This is problematic when trying to do a Chase across all 4 arches.

Can I delete the ones in grey or will that create a problem? Here is the picture I just snapped showing the great channels not the actual RGB ones. The gray is what I'm wondering if I can delete.

nq5yf6.jpg

Edited by GriswoldStyle

Something to think about when the funds do be become available ?, having 2 monitors is very handy. Just a thought.

In your post above, is that a sequence exported from SS? Is so when exporting Uncheck the "Include Macro Channels" option, then they won't appear in the sequencer.

macros.png

Alan...

Edited by default

4 hours ago, default said:

Something to think about when the funds do be become available ?, having 2 monitors is very handy. Just a thought.

In your post above, is that a sequence exported from SS? Is so when exporting Uncheck the "Include Macro Channels" option, then they won't appear in the sequencer.

macros.png

Alan...

Its just an SE sequence. I create all my sequences in SE by adding device then just use the saved channel configuration for all of my sequences.

It will let me delete those gray areas (I guess they are called macro channels) but I wasn't sure if that will cause any issues  I didn't want to just delete it and then find out that the system needs those. I figured I would ask first. Am I able to delete those without having a problem? Even though this is my third year I'm still learning LOL.

yes the two monitors do work we have plenty of monitors my wife actually uses two of them when she's working through her Excel programs as well. But of course I'm not allowed to use her computer LOL

Edited by GriswoldStyle