Light-O-Rama Forums

music sequence converted itself to an animation sequence

beaker020

Strangest thing. I was working on a music sequence the other night and everything went fine. I went to reopen it tonight and it wouldnt play any music. Hmmm, speakers are plugged in and working, I am getting windows sounds, other sequences will play music. Lets check the Media file association itself....Hmmm its greyed out! WTF! Seems the program had saved the file as an animation sequence instead of a music sequence, althought it was still named a .lms file. I only ever save a file by either clicking on the save icon or by closing the window and clicking "yes" on the "do you want to save before closing" prompt so it wasnt me who did this.

I fixed the problem opening the work file and the backup file in a text editor an copy and pasting the second line of the sequence from the backup to the work file.

Has anyone else had this?

I had the same type of situation a few weeks ago. In my case, what happened was that I had cleaned some stuff off my desktop and didn't realize there were still a couple of sequence-related audio files there, so S2 didn't find the file when it went to look. Got that straightened out and now all's well.

George

Ok, so I figured out the root of the problem.

The way it was, every time I edited a file I would lose the music and I would have to manually edit the file. This was not acceptable so I started troubleshooting, starting with what had changed.

It turns out I had run a registry cleaner a few days ago and it had removed a couple of lines from the registry. The lines are as follows:

[HKEY_USERSS-1-5-21-1214440339-1659004503-725345543-1003SoftwareLight-O-RamaShared]
"UserDataPath" = "C:Documents and Settingsbeaker020My DocumentsLight-O-Rama"

[HKEY_USERSS-1-5-21-1214440339-1659004503-725345543-1003SoftwareLight-O-RamaShared]
"AudioPath" = "C:Documents and Settingsbeaker020My DocumentsLight-O-RamaAudio"

"NonAudioPath" = "C:Documents and Settingsbeaker020My DocumentsLight-O-RamaSequences"

These lines were invalid because I had also changed computers about a month ago and I am using a different user name so the "beaker020" folder doesnt exist. These lines were transfered over by the "file and settings transfer wizard". Restoring these lines fixed the problem, even though they are still invalid.

I am posting this because it may be useful to the developers.