Light-O-Rama Forums

ESPN vs. LOR

George Simmons

Hi All,

I know this tale might sound strange, but I'm wondering if anyone else has had this same problem. Within the past couple of weeks, S2 has started crashing on me. When I go to open a file and either click on the file open icon or use the drop-down menu, the software hangs. It only happens every now and then and it's been driving me crazy. I've been trying to figure out a pattern and have been slowly turning my suspicious attention to ESPN's baseball gamecast, having noticed that my pc's response time often slows considerably after I've been there.

Tonight, I booted my PC and before opening LOR I decided to first check on how my beloved Yankees were doing (they lost again). After closing the ESPN site I immediately started S2 and the machine hung again. I believe my suspicions have been confirmed. Anyone else in the same situation of having problems with their PC after visiting ESPN gamecast?

George

George -

With such an intriguing problem, I repeated your steps to see if I could make my LOR crash. Sorry, no luck --- it is holding solid. Perhaps the problem stems from the fact that you are a Yankee fan. :D

- Dave

Dang, I wouldn't think that would be an issue, especially with LOR being located in New York... hopefully, no Red Sox fan had anything to do with it...

Hey Crazy,

Those darn Twinks are right in the thick of it again, aren't they? Even though I'm a lifelong Yankees fan (born in Kingston, NY and raised in Palenville, NY) I was a Twins season ticket holder in '91. Arguably the best world series ever! When Kirby hit that dinger in game six, the sound pressure in the Dome was almost unbearable! What an incredible experience!

George

George Simmons wrote:

Dang, I wouldn't think that would be an issue, especially with LOR being located in New York... hopefully, no Red Sox fan had anything to do with it...

I just couldn't resist....

Attached files 155636=8972-I

Good one, John. The first time I heard that one, though, it was told with the teams the other way around. Sounded better that way...

George

It looks like you Tiger fans are going to be doing the same thing as us Yankees fans this October - sequencing lights without having to worry about baseball games interrupting us. At least your Tigers, unlike my Yankees, had the decency to dash your hopes early in the season... :P

George