Light-O-Rama Forums

Windows Command

Kaje

Just me or does the S5 Sequencer update all sequences to the same Windows command?

In S4 I could have a different Windows command for each sequence, in S5 if I insert a windows command in sequence 2 it over writes sequence 1 window command...even if I don't have it open.

If someone could validate, my sanity would appreciate it.

Ken J.

I don't use S5, so just a long shot. The commands (in S4) are stored in cmdmap.lcm in the sequences folder. Perhaps this file got corrupted or confused. Deleting this file will clear all previous commands for all sequences. Start with a blank slate, so to speak.Just a thought.

Ive got to check this out as well.    Phil this is something which I requested to support miip.     Long gone 'LOR Bob' said he would work on it. 

I requested the option to have all sequences use the same command.  As you know, every miip command is the same because SE provides substitution variables which plug into the called shell command.   

When upgraded to S5, sequences created using S4 (or earlier) keep the same key into the cmdmap.lcm file as they were originally assigned. New sequences created in S5 each get their own unique key into the cmdmap.lcm file (there is no key reuse). If you look at the file, keys for sequences created in S4 are longer and have no dashes in them:

Key created by S4: <command key="EEF10544681809E39F71515C482FBC0DFD1AA29294666B36828422E59AD02EF9"

Key created by S5: <command key="cf95014b-38f3-4e8b-86ce-c08cba588fe9"

Both key formats can peacefully coexist in the cmdmap.lcm file.

I hope that helps.

Matt

While on the subject of "Windows commands".  When I first imported several of my S4 sequences to S5, I was getting a somewhat generic error message when I tried to play the sequence.   Something to the effect of "File not found", yet not telling me what kind of find.   The sequences ran fine under S4.  After an hour of looking at various things, I finally figured out that it did not like my Windows command from S4.  Once I deleted it, everything worked fine and played ok.  Thus, a hint to anyone seeing a "File Not Found" type of message when trying to play a sequence.