Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR Simulator board

Guest guest

I started this board 10 days ago but didn't not take the time to finish it until this morning. It has a 40 channel capability on 3 voltage circuits. The CTB-16D on the regular 120vs, the CTB-08D has 120volt on the normal 8 channels plus 5 volt to drive the 2 RC servos ( still working on those), the MC-P card drives one triac card at 12 volts to control the 6 minilight/leg star pattern and the second triac card at 120v currently. This second card I will probably change to 24 volt to drive individual spiral trees. I tried to build this with enough flexibility to simulate about anything I have in the display. I have some 5 wire rope and 3 bulb 3 wire rope that I am going to use around the outside edge of the board.

While a simulator board is not necessary to fine tune a display in July and it is certainly is aid to visualizing actual lighting effects. We have sequenced several piece then had to make major changes when the lights were hooked up.

Attached files 39169=2266-SimulatorBackCom.jpg

Good job, very cool indeed, how about a video? I considered drilling hole in my board and mounting the lights from behind so that the wires did not show, but thought it would be to much work (now I wish I had, maybe next year).

You are right about the sequences being different when we watch them with real lights, one thing I noticed are my slow fades and ramps, not as slow as I thought they would be, my guess (and I have not tried it yet) would be to double what I see in the animation wizard.

Bill

• 2 weeks later...

I'm just a rookie needing some help! I thought I could build me a little box, put some LED lights on it and I could do my programming without needing to bring in lights.

As the photograph shows, the power light works as planned. However when each of the channels turn on, I get nothing.

I did however figure out that if I reduce the power to 50% the lights work fine.

Should I run to Radio Shack and get some type of power reducer?

Thanks!

Jim

I know Jerry, been after Dan to get out a high channel board to 18 months. I am lookng forward to the DMX output on it and multiple servo control (more than two). Also I have run out of MC-P boards to control SSRs and low voltage, so I have lots of plans for these new boards.