Light-O-Rama Forums

Another Beat/Tapper Question

chowell

Neil got me thinking a bit. I am new this year and so far have just my intro song (1:30) done. I used the tapper wizard and noticed that some taps were spaced 4/10 apart, and some 5/10. I am obviously set in .10 increments. Is there a way to make that more accurate? Should I be in .05 increments? When sequencing, I noticed sometimes in order to make the lights activate at the right time in the song, it was not on the tap at all, but rather one or two spaces off. Does this make sense? If so, can I do something to make the tapper result more accurate? Or should I just be satisfied with the tapper getting me close?

I find that when using the tap wizard the taps will be off a little. That is to be expected. Do to the reaction time it takes most people to hear the beat and then hit the space bar.

This is what I do: I will lesion to the song for days then I will use the tap wizard and get the taps as close as I can. Then I go back and adjust each beat until they are how I want them. For the most part all of my beats are at different times because different lights take different times to light and fade. LEDs, mini's, C7's, etc...

This is what works for me. I think everyone has the way that works best for them.

Good luck

Steve