Light-O-Rama Forums

Independence day holiday projects

ItsMeBobO

Last night and this morning I finished mounting 1600 pixels in their strips and jammed them into two bins for storage.     Are you working on a lighting project today?

MegaMounting.jpgMegaBins.jpg

Ya guilt tripping me (looks at my last HC box that I have done nothing with)? 

3 hours ago, ItsMeBobO said:

Last night and this morning I finished mounting 1600 pixels in their strips and jammed them into two bins for storage.     Are you working on a lighting project today?

What kind of strips are those, what material are they made out of, and where do you get them? 

If they'll fit the LOR CCP and CCB pixels, I'm going to need to invest in something like those so my pixels can all be uniform and face the same way.  They remind me of a film strip  But look like a very good product for mounting pixels in a uniform manner.

Thanks!

I'm building a 32x150 180 degree mega tree. So far I've got 15 strands done. The HD Mega Tree Strip from Boscoyo is the real deal! I've got the 1000' roll. It is so worth it if you can afford it.

Edited by BMurray
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, PhilMassey said:

Thanks Phil!   A lot of good stuff on that site for mounting pixels!  Thank you very much for the link, now I know where to get the extra stuff I need to mount pixels.   Bookmarked for future reference and purchases.  Thanks again, those pixel mounts will definitely come in handy for my situation! :)

5 hours ago, ItsMeBobO said:

If you will ship them to Wendell, NC I promise to be your friend forever!!!  :)  Will let you have visitation at Halloween and Christmas!

Sounds like my last 24 hours.  Got 20 strings of 110 nodes for mega tree and 10 Boscoyo 99 node Daycor candy canes done.  So much more to do....   The new 1,000 ft rolls of the HD strip from Boscoyo is awesome! 

My past 48 hours have been spent setting up my P10 and my P10 marquee for this years show (new network setup, new FPP,  handful of FPP tweaks).

I finished putting the nodes in my 33x50 tree strips. I am hoping to set it up outside this week but haven't felt like it due to the heat. I also scaled my 12 string tree sequences to 16 and will finish pushing those pixels soon. Im sure 16 will look much better than the 12. Been doing a little sequencing too.

I worked on building a rack to store all the leaping arches I acquired from a local that was getting out of the lighting display.  I also started testing them all to make sure they were in working condition. 

As night came upon me, I sat back and watched the fireworks under my 16 ft lit up pole with a 8 ft wide lit up American flag at the top.

• Like 1

• The topic was locked