Light-O-Rama Forums

moving a track..............

Mike Cole

I'm adding a Mega Tree to my show this year, and I need to redo all my old sequences. Can I just make a new track in an old sequence and some how transfer it to all my old sequences? Or do I need to redraw the mega tree in all the old sequences?.............Mike

Mike,

Just make the changes to one sequence and then go to "Edit". Select, "Export Channel Configuration" and save it. When you go to your next sequence, just Import Channel Configuration and it will modify the sequence. Also, it goes without saying, make sure you save your original file (or the new file) with a different name, just in case something doesn't work quite right.

i just tried that and the new tracks were brought in BUT track one was made up of all channels and the additional tracks i made were moved down with no timings or any of the sequencing i did...what am i missing? do i have to copy and paste everything to the tracks for ALL songs done?

Denny wrote:

Mike,

Just make the changes to one sequence and then go to "Edit". Select, "Export Channel Configuration" and save it. When you go to your next sequence, just Import Channel Configuration and it will modify the sequence. Also, it goes without saying, make sure you save your original file (or the new file) with a different name, just in case something doesn't work quite right.

Put the new Track as the very last track, then export it to a new name. That way it will not reassign your channels to the wrong place.

Dennis

ok, this is what i did...tell me where i went wrong

1)i opened up a sequence not yet tapped out...all blank but with .05 timing
2)arranged everything in tracks according to display elements (house clear, house green, mega clear, mega red etc)
3)exported the config file of tracks and saved as 80tracks
4)opened a song i did in LOR I last year
5)imported 80tracks
now my tracks comes over but track one is ALL 80 channels screwed up out of order and my tracks below track one and the tracks have no timings...do i have to sit there and copy timing from the already done sequence to the tracks then copy and paste all the events to my tracks and then save or what? if thats the case, tracks seem kinda pointless lol...i MUST be missing something

Dennis Cherry wrote:

Put the new Track as the very last track, then export it to a new name. That way it will not reassign your channels to the wrong place.

Dennis

johnny christmas wrote:

now my tracks comes over but track one is ALL 80 channels screwed up out of order and my tracks below track one and the tracks have no timings...do i have to sit there and copy timing from the already done sequence to the tracks then copy and paste all the events to my tracks and then save or what? if thats the case, tracks seem kinda pointless lol...i MUST be missing something

Hey Johnny - if it makes you feel any better, I get the same kind of results when I try to apply the new tracks to my existing sequences. I have ended up just making sure the channels are in a logical, workable order and then IF i need a timing track, I add that on an as-needed basis. I'll be watching to see if there is a fix for our issue.

D.T.

DownTown wrote:

johnny christmas wrote:

Hey Johnny - if it makes you feel any better, I get the same kind of results when I try to apply the new tracks to my existing sequences. I have ended up just making sure the channels are in a logical, workable order and then IF i need a timing track, I add that on an as-needed basis. I'll be watching to see if there is a fix for our issue.

D.T.

good to hear im not the only one having that problem...tracks are great...IF i can import them to work with already done sequences as well as new ones (new ones arent the issue though) maybe theres a trick were missing to incorporate tracks to existing sequences...anyone? anyone?

Beuller? Beuller?

Dennis Cherry wrote:

Dennis

Sorry I misunderstood your problem, I assumed you already had tracks in your sequence and you wanted to add another track without changing the original tracks.

Since you are using LOR1 you have all your channels in Track 1 and also in S2.

If you make a new channel configuration, and the new track 1 has only say 32 channels, then when you import the new configuration the first 32 channels will be filled in and the remaining channels will still be in track 1 at the bottom of the track.

The other tracks will not have timing, this is so if you wanted to have a different timing for say track 2 you can add it and not have the timing from track 1 interfering with your new timing. You can also copy the track 1 timing to all the other tracks if you want.

Track takes some time to get familiar with but don't over use them. Changing your sequences to using tracks is not easy sometimes.

Again sorry for the error. Maybe someone else found a short cut to make changes more seamless.