Light-O-Rama Forums

Copy and Paste in reverse

srobins

Lets say you have a channel that has on and off settings in a sequence.

But you want to create a different channel with the exact opposite settings, so when the original channel is on the new one is off and vice versa.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Steve

On 6/12/2018 at 3:33 PM, ericm said:

Copy and pasted then select the new grids and hit G , it will toggle it

Not sure, but have to ask, does that work in older versions of the SE?  

I tried doing that and it didn't seem to work or maybe I didn't do it right, not sure.  

Just know I couldn't seem to make it do that in version 3.8.2, so my question.

Thanks.

Edited by Orville
forgot the 'nt in couldn't in my last sentence.

Toggle does not reverse the pattern, when you select a grid and hit toggle everything that was off within that grid will be turned on and everything was on will be turned off.

20 hours ago, Mr. P said:

Toggle does not reverse the pattern, when you select a grid and hit toggle everything that was off within that grid will be turned on and everything was on will be turned off.

Thanks Mr. P.  I wasn't quite sure about that toggle or what it did, I took it to mean it could reverse the pattern that was already set in the grid line.  Too bad, that would have been a great feature and one I could use all the time, since I do that all too often manually, be nice to just flip the pattern{s} once and be done with it.  

As it is, takes me a long time if I have to "mirror" 16 channels the opposite direction for the effect I'm trying to get.  

And especially when working with RGB smart strands, it's even more intense and complex, one I haven't quite mastered going in the forward direction, let alone the opposite way just yet!:D

Edited by Orville
once instead of one