Light-O-Rama Forums

Problem upgrading - Gathering information

bob

I am moving this post from another thread to its own thread. Milwaukee..Chip said:

Did the upgrade, but now when I start light-o-rama I get - gathering information and it takes about 4 minutes for everything to load. Is there a glitch with something or is this normal?

No, that's not normal. What do you mean by "everything to load"? Do you mean that after 4 minutes, the program you tried to run (such as the Sequence Editor) starts up?

What operating system are you using (e.g. Vista, 98, XP)?

It sounds like your install was somehow messed up, or perhaps Windows is confused about what is installed. The first thing I would suggest is trying the following:

First, close all of your Light-O-Rama programs, including the LOR Control Panel (in your system tray) if it is running.

Second, uninstall LOR.

Third, reinstall LOR 1.

Fourth, reinstall LOR 2.

Please let us know if this does not work, or if you have any questions.

Hey Bob thanks for the quick reply, I am using xp professional, sp3

When I start any of the lor programs I get a pop up with the following:

Please wait while windows configures light-o-rama

Along with a cancel button feature, that doesn't work.

After several minutes It appears to start normally and function alright - just not sure why it has to configure light orama each time it starts?

Here are my system specs.

Intel Pentium dual CPU

E2180 at 2 Ghz

2.0 Ghz 0.99 Gb of Ram

This only happens when I install the 2.016 upgrade
Problem arises with Schedule editor, sequence editor, show builder, simple show builder, and when I click on status in the LOR tray it tells me lor 2.016 is disabled.

Any help Ideas, greatly appreciated -

Bob I did the total uninstall as well with a full reinstall and still have the same results/

Please wait while windows configures light-o-rama

Yes, that sounds like Windows is confused about what's been installed.

Microsoft has published a tool called the "Windows Installer CleanUp Utility" that is supposed to help in situations like this. You can find it at:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301

That page also gives instructions on how to use it. Use it on any LOR things that it shows. You might have to reinstall LOR 2 after doing so.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if it does not, or if you have any questions. Also, could you please answer the following questions for me?

(1) Do you have any HP software on your machine? For example, drivers for an HP printer, scanner, or camera?

(2) Do you have any anti-virus software installed on your machine? If so, what?

(3) Do you have any personal firewall software installed on your machine? If so, what?

Thanks.

Hey Bob,

Microsoft fix didn't help.

I have hp software driver for hp882 printer

No Firewall installed, and avg antivirus.

wondering if it isn't something in SP3

If it wouldn't be too much of a hassle to reinstall the HP drivers (like if you still have the install disk for them), what happens if:

(1) You run the Microsoft cleanup utility on all LOR things and also on the HP things (if they show up in the list)

(2) Uninstall all LOR stuff and the HP stuff

(3) Reinstall LOR 1

(4) Reinstall LOR 2

To be clear, this is really just a shot in the dark - I've seen a lot of people saying they have similar problems (with programs other than LOR) when they have HP drivers installed.

Hey Bob, Silly me thought the utility ran at installand automaticly fixed errors, guess it helps if you run the actual utility , that seems to have fixed the problem. Thank you for your help. I look forward to building my next kit, shortly up to 32 Channels for this year.