Light-O-Rama Forums

How do you keep it fresh?

namecipS

3 minutes ago, dougd said:

Got any additional information? Sounds interesting.

I could bring this to the mini LOL just not gonna haul my ladder.

JR

I was hoping you meant 2 used controllers :)

Love the idea, crazy price unless it came with the ladder.

I guess if it was cheap we wouldn't want to risk it though.

On 1/29/2018 at 9:28 AM, namecipS said:

How do you keep it fresh?   New songs?  New display additions?  

Do you ever go back and re-sequence entire songs to change things up?

I'm sure those that have been in the hobby for years have sequenced every related holiday song out there.  Do you just change up the show by mixing in the different songs?   One year Jingle Bells, the next year Jingle Bell Rock? 

What do you do different each year to keep your display fresh, people interested and almost as important, yourself interested and motivated to do this each year?

I'm not sure about everyone else... but to keep our display "fresh" we try to add new things/props every year. Some year's it's minor additions, some years it's more major additions. 

New songs? - Yes. I try to do a few new songs each year, and shuffle up the playlist so they aren't in the same order year after year, (or night after night for that matter.)

New display additions? - Yes, as I said above we try to add new things to the show ever year. Some minor things, some major things... But always something new!

Do you ever go back and re-sequence entire songs to change things up? - Yes. Pretty much ever year. Anytime we add something new we try to change the majority of the programming to reflect it.

Do you just change up the show by mixing in the different songs?   One year Jingle Bells, the next year Jingle Bell Rock? - Why not have both songs every year? Just change their sequencing? 

What do you do different each year to keep your display fresh, people interested and almost as important, yourself interested and motivated to do this each year? - I LOVE our light show. It truly is a passion for me. I know a lot of people just do it for the heck of it, but I LOVE doing it. Of course, like most things it is a labor of love. But knowing the joy that it brings to others is more than enough to keep me going. We have a really well know light show here in town, and it has been pretty much the SAME thing year after year for the past 22 years. Everyone who comes by ours always comments on how they LOVE that we add something new each year, and that we add new things each year! . . . This hobby is like most others, the longer you do it the more you learn. Every year you learn something new that you will use the next year to keep your show "fresh" and more amazing year after year. 

Sure hope this helps some!