Light-O-Rama Forums

Sequencer, easiest way to export or save raw data of the channels

Markus E

Hi all

For some fun projects I am currently developing a microcontroller based logic to control RGB led stripes (WS2812). I found this sequence editor from Light o rama, and would like to use it for creating sound matched light effects.

Is there any way to export the created sequences in a format that I could process in my own LED driving logic? 

My goal is to  have a small standalone mp3 player with a SD card, which plays the music, and a microcontroller logic that uses the sequences to synchronously drive the LED effects. Since I already have a WS2812 Library I want to use, I need to drive the LEDs from my own software and just use the sequencer to easily create trigger points to switch certain effects on certain points in the music.

I would be able to play the sequences to a DMX port and record them from there, but isn't there an easier method to read the sequence  from a saved file? Is the file format public?

Thanks a lot for your help and greetings from germany.

markus

Hello dear nabour country

Lor is rather closed platform.

have you seen the xlight programm in combination with the raspi? That should work for you I can  imagine

Gruessen aus die Niederlaende

dick