Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixel Problem

HVACR

I have 2 or 3 pixels that  stay red when the show is off. Are these pixels dead? They stay on when power is applied with no network. Just cut'em out and replace them?

HVACR

Before you go doing that check to make sure you're not over powering them.

An example would be most of my 12 volt pixels are being run at 11.8 volts. 

There are 800 pixels on this prop. Only 2 or 3 stay red.The Power supply is also running a large amount of dumb RGB stuff. The Pixels are in the middle of the string of 100 if that helps.

HVACR

It does sound like a problem with just a couple pixels.

But once again double check your voltage if they're working fine other than just staying red when the sequence is done it might be a voltage problem. 

Those couple of pixels may be more sensitive to the voltage than others and just by dropping the voltage a little might make everything work fine. 

It would be an easy fix versus cutting up the string of pixels.

If dropping the voltage a little doesn't do the trick then I would replace the pixels at that point. 

I had this happen and it was moisture that managed to get into the troubled pixels. Took a hair dryer and dried them out and the put silicone on the end to seal it.

That fixed all my pixels that stayed red but one... I ended up cutting it out and replacing it.

Edited by gsmith37064

8 hours ago, HVACR said:

I have 2 or 3 pixels that  stay red when the show is off. Are these pixels dead? They stay on when power is applied with no network. Just cut'em out and replace them?

HVACR

Are your pixels still connected to your controller and your controller to the computer?  Sometimes when one of these get disconnected the pixels act on their own.