Light-O-Rama Forums

Neighbors

cdlouke

Just had a knock on the door a little bit ago from a neighbor that I had never met before. They told me they wanted to thank me for my lights and handed me a bottle of Jameson. Totally blew me away!

• Like 3

11 hours ago, ItsMeBobO said:

Are you sure the seal is intact?

Yeah first thing that my jaded mind looked at. It just appears that there are still some nice people in this world.

First started reading your post and thought, someone complaining after the display season.   

We always hope that people are appreciative and really nice when we get that first hand response.

I enjoyed a number of hand made treat baskets, cards and thanks at my door this year.  One especially heart felt was a huge card with 20 or so hand drawn pictures and messages from a local daycare.  I've been doing a display for 27 years and now have young families bringing their kids to enjoy the same experience they grew up with.  Over the years there has even been three marriage proposals. I think living in a small town in the North for so many years has helped a bit but honestly I think most people really do appreciate the effort it takes to provide an activity and memory.  I know I still can remember that house that my family always had to visit as part of our tradition.  I suspect everyone who belongs to this forum have left a lasting impression, hopefully all good.    "Marty's Christmas in Cold Lake 2017"

• Like 2

• The topic was locked