Light-O-Rama Forums

TryForFree Promo

SBontempo

Hi Guys,

Another soon to be LOR newbie here. I was just wondering if anyone else who has used the TryForFree Promo has heard anything about shipping yet. I've e-mailed Mary a few times and even called her once so I didn't want to bug her again! It's just the anticipation is killing me!!

Steve

Read this link from Dan!
http://lightorama.mywowbb.com/forum55/16707.html

SBontempo wrote:

Hi Guys,

Another soon to be LOR newbie here. I was just wondering if anyone else who has used the TryForFree Promo has heard anything about shipping yet. I've e-mailed Mary a few times and even called her once so I didn't want to bug her again! It's just the anticipation is killing me!!

Steve

If you read the details about the TryForFree offer you will notice it says the following:

"If you use the TryForFree promotion the shipping of your order will be delayed but it will be delivered in 3 months or less." "Orders processed without the TryForFree promotion code will be shipped first."

So, I'm assuming we won't see our orders until the sale is over and all the orders that didn't use this promotion are shipped first.

Full details on the sale are located here:
http://www.lightorama.com/TryForFree2008.html

-Steve

We will start shipping the TryForFree orders this week. We will try and get order status updated with an approximate ship date.

I don't want to sound flip, but why would you sign up for promotion without knowing what you signing up for? Dan was clear in how this was going to work.

I didn't take the TryForFree promo, mainly because I needed my DC board for some water stuff I want to try. I ordered on the first day of the sale, which was a Saturday. By Tuesday the order shipped and I had it in my hands on Thursday.

Now that is service!!

I knew full well what I was signing up for. I also knew the shipping was going to be delayed. I was also told they were possibly going to ship this week.

I was simply wondering what the status was on shipping as if they were still going to be shipping this week, which Dan said is the case (Thank You Dan!)

I thought my question was pretty straight forward and for that I apologize. I'll try to be a little more clear in the future. :-)

Steve

SBontempo wrote:

I knew full well what I was signing up for. I also knew the shipping was going to be delayed. I was also told they were possibly going to ship this week.

I was simply wondering what the status was on shipping as if they were still going to be shipping this week, which Dan said is the case (Thank You Dan!)

I thought my question was pretty straight forward and for that I apologize. I'll try to be a little more clear in the future. :-)

Steve

Steve...I mirror your response. No apology needed. I thought your question was clear and valid.

SBontempo wrote:

Hi Guys,

Steve

Again, I was not trying to be flip, but you did write that you had emailed several times and called Mary.

I am sure there will be a surge of people tonight at 10:00.

Congratulations to the 35 winners! Sadly I was not among them. ;) I don't know about you winners, but I was just going to repeat the order and get double.

One of the concerns with having a contest like this is that a lot of people will be disappointed.:{ However I will tell you that I really enjoy the giveaway part of the business. I Emailed the winner of the PC and he was very excited so today we made some people feel good:).

Guest wbottomley

LightORamaDan wrote:

However I will tell you that I really enjoy the giveaway part of the business. I Emailed the winner of the PC and he was very excited so today we made some people feel good:).

Eventhough I don't have any luck at winning anything... that's what it's all about.

The way I see it, CONGRATULATIONS!

LightORamaDan wrote:

One of the concerns with having a contest like this is that a lot of people will be disappointed.:{ However I will tell you that I really enjoy the giveaway part of the business. I Emailed the winner of the PC and he was very excited so today we made some people feel good:).

Dan- I've got to tell you.... I really enjoy the giveaway part of your business too! I can't believe I won! That's the biggest thing I've ever won in my entire life! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!!!!

It's like Christmas in July!

Joseph Noe

www.crookschristmas.com

CONGRATS to all the winners!!!!! I unfortunately was not one of them Oh well. I think is was a great idea for LOR to do this. How many companies offer an idea like this. NONE. Sorry everyone couldn't win but that is the luck of the draw. Just be happy for the winners!!!! AGAIN CONGRATS TO THE WINNERS. Oh by the way CHRISTMAS is just around the corner!! Back to programming

Congrats to everyone that won. Unfortunately I wasn't one of them but I do have a question for Dan and his team. How are you prioritizing the shipping of the non-winner's orders (e.g. first ordered - first shipped; size of order; kit orders first since they don't need assembly; personal perference; etc.)? Also, will we get an email as it's being shipped to let us know to expect the shipment? Thanks Dan for making a great product... ;)

J.D.

J.D.

Part of the TryforFree contest was you agreed to a potential delay of your order if you participated in the contest. In previous years shipping of your order under the contest has had nothing to do with your winning or not. Dan has already said (may have read that on PlanetChristmas) that orders under the contest were expected to start shipping on 7/10/08. First in/First out.

Chuck

From what I hear, they began shipping the TryForFree orders out yesterday and were shooting for 50 orders a day to be shipped. I think I had orders in the range of 80 to 90 so hopefully they'll ship out on Monday!!:cool:

Steve