Light-O-Rama Forums

HEADLIGHTS !! voice file

a31ford

Greetings All ! 

I'm looking for a voice file that would ask people that are watching the show to please pull over to the side of the road, and turn off their headlights (but leave their park lamps on so other cars can see them). I Can make the file, but have a somewhat gruff sounding voice (would most likely scare ppl away......)

10 minutes ago, a31ford said:

Greetings All ! 

I'm looking for a voice file that would ask people that are watching the show to please pull over to the side of the road, and turn off their headlights (but leave their park lamps on so other cars can see them). I Can make the file, but have a somewhat gruff sounding voice (would most likely scare ppl away......)

Demented Elf closed down - so you are on your own...

Use Audacity to change the speed of your voice a tad bit - you'll sound much less offensive...

Don't worry about a gruff voice.  Headlight morons sometimes NEED something to scare them into thinking of others.

The most effective headlights bumper I've ever used was one Kevin did for me using his Christmas Monster voice. 

I don't have a formal one, but I stick this in my show and it works well.

"Psssst... Hey - you in the silver car... Turn off your headlights."

Even if the people don't have a silver car, they think I am actually talking to them.

When I come out with candy canes they apologize and I laugh and tell them that I am watching TV in the house not watching them.

Here is a link to my sequence:  http://www.ridewnc.com/Headlights.zip

• Like 3

Really, making your own announcement is probably not beyond your abilities.  Audacity is free and contains more than you'll ever need for this hobby.  Basically, you just need to speak clearly.

Here's an intro I did a few years back.  I recorded it in my normal voice at a normal conversation speed.  Then I sped it up a bit and raised the pitch a bit.  Just make sure when you finish it's understandable.

• The topic was locked