Light-O-Rama Forums

Zara Radio and WIndows 10

Larsons Lights New Hope

Anyone having any strange behavior with Zara Radio and Windows 10?  I have version 1.62 working fine on a Windows 10 machine (including DTMF tones) and works wonderfully for everything except this one thing:

For the current temp, I have it looking in a weatherwatcher folder for an html file.  I enter the path on the Options screen and it works fine for a bit - however Zara somehow forgets that is the location for the file (appararenty it is not storing it properly or at all)  Anyone else having this strange behavior?  I mean it is an almost 10 year old software application trying to be running on the latest version of Windows.  What could go wrong?  :)

I don't use Windows 10 (thankfully), but I do use Zara - and love it.  Only suggestion would be to make sure it is working, and then exit Zara.  Then restart it.  A lot of programs store settings when doing a proper exit.  I don't remember if Zara is that way or not.

2 hours ago, Larsons Lights New Hope said:

Anyone having any strange behavior with Zara Radio and Windows 10?  I have version 1.62 working fine on a Windows 10 machine (including DTMF tones) and works wonderfully for everything except this one thing:

For the current temp, I have it looking in a weatherwatcher folder for an html file.  I enter the path on the Options screen and it works fine for a bit - however Zara somehow forgets that is the location for the file (appararenty it is not storing it properly or at all)  Anyone else having this strange behavior?  I mean it is an almost 10 year old software application trying to be running on the latest version of Windows.  What could go wrong?  :)

yea, I had that issue before, but not specific to any particular version of Windows.  It happened to me on Win 7 and 10 when first setting up.  Have weatherwatcher put the weather log file in a document folder OUTSIDE of the programs folder where there is no issue of it being locked or access prevented.  I put mine under user\documents\Myname\ZaraRadio.   Then set Zara to look for it there in the program options.  By the way, the file should have the extension of .TXT even though it has some html looking stuff in it.

• The topic was locked