Light-O-Rama Forums

Video Card Options for Projectors

bhays

I thought I would report that there may now be an alternative to the NVIDIA 6300+ cards for LOR video now. I just got a new desktop machine at the office with an ATI Radeon HD 2400 card and the driver does in fact have an option to display video full sized on the secondary monitor. So, this should work for LOR displays. I am not aware how far back into the ATI cards this capability extends, though. I know that last year when I was putting my display together about this time, there was not an ATI card with that capability that I or Joe Ayo could locate.

I too, am doing video this year. I haven't decided how to create, secure, or decorate my screen this year. How are you guys doing yours? Any ideas to borrow would be appreciated. Thx!

Wayne Kremer

I did Daryl Brown's Santa video last year; projected on to an inside bedroom window 4x4 feet as my songs played and looped it. Was the hit of the show (Marty Slack also does this, I noticed this year). Have been working on some of my own videos and a slideshow so I can have a video show and a regular one. Because of the heat, I don't want it to run "standalone mode". If you have more ?'s and or want to trade some stuff pm or e-mail me. Also, use Ken Good's site of video's. He and Joseph Ayo are doing alot in this area.

Thanks for inspiring me with this question. I just checked and see that my PC video card already has a s-video out for a TV used as second monitor. The projector worked! All I need is a much longer s-video cable.

Are people making their own Santa videos? Or buying them?