Light-O-Rama Forums

HOA said NO to my sign

kbolin10

1 hour ago, DevMike said:

Devious?  No.  I play by the rules, and they are the ones that made the rules.  It doesn't matter if it is the law, DCRs, whatever.  Those laws and rules may be used by those people to gain an upper hand, but those same rules and laws protect YOU.  But YOU need to use them.

FL law to the rescue!  According to the law here.....

I concur.  I live in FL and have had multiple issues with incompetent HOA boards, the management companies that they hire to run the association, and their attorneys.   In every case, I made legal arguments using both the CCRs and State law, and in each case I prevailed.    I faced the same sort of harassment and fought back.   EVERY SINGLE ISSUE WAS ULTIMATELY DROPPED.   You have to stand up for yourself. 

20 hours ago, DevMike said:

DISCLAIMER:  I am NOT a lawyer, but I like to fight with my HOA when they try to pull stupid carp like this.  These suggestions are my own personal ones and may or may not work for you - even if they have for me in different ways.  If you are unsure, consult with a lawyer - I am not responsible if you get fined for following any of this.  In other words:  you are on your own!

I'm sorry I couldn't resist. 
How do you know the carp (fish) they pull is stupid, isn't it kind of rude to call a fish stupid? And why are they pulling carp anyway. 

• Haha 1